Black 59 SF HT for sale in California

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Black 59 SF HT for sale in California

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Looks to be a very nice Black SF HT with a 318 poly 4 bbl, Nicely optioned. Take a look at the rear brake panel below the trunk lid and your will see a 1964 vintage "Sport Fury" Emblem installed. Hopefully the used adhesive backing on that emblem. If they used the metal posts that usually is on the back of this emblem, then it will need a spot repair in this area to remove it.

But all in all, a very Nice SF.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Plymouth-F ... 6016.l4276

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Dick Koch

Re: Black 59 SF HT for sale in California

Post by Dick Koch »

It is a very nice car, I met Ernie at Turkey Rod Run in Daytona and have seen the car.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Bernie B.

Post by Bernie B. »

That clue about the added Sport Fury emblem leads me to believe this is the car once owned and restored by George Dalinis of Illinois, a previous advisor for 1959 Plymouths in the Plymouth Owners Club (POC.) He was the advisor prior to Bob Hinds, whose own car recently changed hands.

This car was pictured in some magazines over 20 years ago, and I suspect it might be the same one used in the TV series "Crime Story" that starred Dennis Farina, which itself was on over 20 years ago and should be available on YouTube or Netflix. Reasoning is that the TV series was filmed in Chicago, nearby to where Mr. Dalinis lived as I recall.

I recall that one of our former members with a white SF hardtop mentioned George D. in his write up; you can search the Showcase section if interested, just putting in my two cents from memory.

This car looks good enough to buy a few lottery tickets and search for four leaf clovers.

BB
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Neat info Bernie, One of the senior member of our local Mopar club had a white modified SF and he also had put a 64 Sport Fury emblem on his SF, also he had put 1960 SF medallions on the quarters instead of the normal tiffany style ones that come with 59 SF's.

If the car has TV show history then it improves it desires (among some people) The car is neat and complete and should find a good home soon.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

As I recall, there's a story in "The Bulletin" - the POC magazine for Plymouths - about George Dalinis and his restoration of this vehicle. One of these days I'll scan it... (*sigh*).

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

It didn't make reserve on ebay, Ernie put it back on with a starting price of $23,999. It still has a reserve price.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.