Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Hello all i just found this site today,it seems to be hard finding a lot about 59 Plymouths and im glad i found you all!
I have a 59 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr Club Sedan with a flathead 6 and Powerflite,this old gal only has travelled 26000 miles in its life and it was stored away for a long long time,it runs like new and i got in July to add to my 59 Chev!
Looking forward to the messages here!
Faulkner

Re: New member

Post by Faulkner »

Nighthawk wrote:I have a 59 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr Club Sedan with a flathead 6 and Powerflite,this old gal only has travelled 26000 miles in its life and it was stored away for a long long time,it runs like new and i got in July to add to my 59 Chev!
Hey Nighthawk! Glad to have you aboard. Got pix? Of the Belvy I mean! Not that Chebbies aren't welcome, it's just, well y'know. A side by side would be great!

Please tell us about yourself and your car, and please send me pix for the showcase!!

Dan
dan@59sportfury.net
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Thanks Dan!! Im an old car guy for sure,and im 49 yrs old and live in Toronto,married and i work for GM on the line building Silverado and Sierra, and ive worked for them for 30 yrs now.
I got into the old car hobby actually as a kid when in 1974 i bought a 57 Chev,sold it in '75 and then bought a 56 Chev which i sold when i got my first house,i wasnt able to get back into the hobby till 1998 when i bought a rather tired 58 Chev which i fixed up (A LOT) and i sold it in 2003.
My 59 Chev came along in 2001,an all original Green and White 4 dr sedan Impala,which turns a lot of heads.
Back in April i spotted a black 59 Plymouth on a car lot near my house,i always did like the look of them and so i stopped to look at it,it looked good to me but I thought the last thing I needed was another old car,but this car kept luring me back there,it almost jumped out at me and said "buy me,take me home!"
So after a lot of thinking,i went over there in July,drove it and bought it on the spot!
It runs like its new,and like i said it only has 25750 miles on it,(I checked the mileage today) its all original and its great to drive,its black with red and gray interior,it was originally gray,has no radio,and its very straight and solid,love it!!
Ill send pics of it to your email address
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hey Nighthawk,

Welcome to the forum!

I'd love to see pictures of your cars side by side. I'm in love with my 59 Sport Fury but I'll tell you a secret:
Ever since I was about 4 years old I've been telling my father that I would buy a 59 Impala when I'd be a grown up. I still would love to have one next to the Plymouth! The Plymouth is more of a special car especially in the Netherlands. The Sport Fury wasn't for sale here in those days. Only the Savoy and Belvedere were sold here altough I meet a lot of people here telling me that their father had one just like mine.

See you in the Showcase,
Ron Keij
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Thanks Ron,Ill have to wait till the spring now to do this because i have the 2 cars and just one garage at my house so i had to rent a garage for the winter and i put the Chev in it just the other day,i kept the Plymouth here at home cuz i want to do a few things to it over the winter and the weather is still decent here so i was out in the Plymouth for a little cruise last night!
I want to take some pics like in the sales manual that Dan posted in here that shows Plymouth opposed to Chev,i think that would be great to do!
So stay tuned till then for that!