Hi all.

Kiwi

Hi all.

Post by Kiwi »

My name is Robbie and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I have always had a love for American pre 60's cars and especially the 57-59 Belvederes. (Thank the movie Christine for that probably like many of you) Anyway, yesterday I purchased a 59 Belvedere 2 door sedan that has recently been imported here from Bakerfield. Being on the other side of the world from where she was manufactured there is not a lot of information here for me to research on. I hope you all here can offer a bit of advice, things to look for and possibly help with sourcing of parts should they ever be needed. The car is currently in transit to me from Auckland so no photos or vin detail yet but i will post both early next week. :D
big m

Re: Hi all.

Post by big m »

Welcome, and congratulations on you purchase!!

---John
In rust we trust!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Welcome Robbie - I'm not sure but I think there are several 59 Plymouth owners in New Zealand. Maybe someone can help. Search New Zealand in top right search box.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hello Robbie, and welcome aboard! Here's a bloke on your island:

http://www.59plymouth.net/showcase/davidson.html

Sorry the page is out of date, and I don't know if Peter still owns the car. If you like, I can dig up an old email message from him. Let me know, and post pix when you can!

Thanks
Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Thanks guys. I know there are a small number of 59's here and will try and track those guys down, starting with Peter Anderson. Other than that I will no doubt pester you all with endless questions once I have her in my garage. Have managed to transfer a pic of her from my phone for now.
image.JPG
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Hi Dan. I have done a search here for peter Davidson but can not find any contact for him. If you have an email address for him would be appreciated.
Robbie
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hi Robbie, I will privately forward you an email from Peter. He alludes to other '59s in NZ. Stay tuned! (I administer the site, so I can look up your email.)

Dan
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Thanks for that Dan. I will keep you posted as to whether or not I can contact him.
Enjoying making my way through all the posts here. Even the Person who I brought my 59 through is a group member and you guys here helped him with sourcing various parts.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Robbie,

There's lots of other content on the site too, besides what's in the Forum - someday I have ambitions to move all content into the Forum where it will be readily accessible, but it may have to wait until retirement :o

Here's a page I had fun doing - hope you enjoy it! http://www.59plymouth.net/ephemera/vide ... index.html

Dan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Welcome Robbie,

I guess that your 59 is one of the very few in New Zealand and just as hard for you to get parts as it is for us in the Netherlands. But if you keep looking you'll find whatever part you need and this site can be a big help. And when you finally find the part it can be very expensive with the high shipping and taxes.

I do know a guy with a 57 Plymouth in New Zealand and he knows a lot of people in New Zealand and the US that are Forwardlook crazy and he might have some good sources for you. I will send you his email address in a PM.

If you want to make a front Valance yourself I can get you good pictures and measurements as we have one that is not on the car right now.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Hi Ron
Thank you for that. I certainly would appreciate photos and measurements of that valance if you could. I have someone here who can make the part if he knows what it is he is making. Same for any contacts here who have 57-59 Plymouths will be helpful for sourcing parts. I will reply to your PM with my email address for the pics.

Cheers

Robbie