NICE SPORT FURY ON EBAY.

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Dick Koch

NICE SPORT FURY ON EBAY.

Post by Dick Koch »

Buy it now.

1959 Plymouth Fury
1959 PLYMOUTH GENUINE SPORT FURY 2 DOOR HARDTOP

)

Price: US $12,900.00 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now
immediate deposit of US $500.00 required - opens in a new window or tab

Get low monthly payments- opens in a new window or tab Order an independent inspection
Get a FREE Quote from GEICO

Payment: Deposit of US $500.00 within 48 hours of auction close. Immediate deposit required for Buy It Now. Full payment required within 7 days of auction close.

Other item info
Item number: 261235508797
Item condition: Used
Sells to: Worldwide

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
1959 Plymouth Fury
Vehicle Inspections
Order an inspection to learn more about this vehicle from an independent third party

Condition: Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition VIN: M294101831 | See the full History Report
Year: 1959 Drive Type: RWD
Make: Plymouth Mileage: 99,999
Model: Fury Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Trim: SPORT FURY Vehicle Title: Clear
Engine: 318 4V SUPER PACK V8

THIS IS MY 1959 PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY 2 DOOR HARDTOP WITH THE ORIGINAL 318 POLY 'SUPER PACK' 4V V8 ENGINE, ORIGINAL 3 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, POWER STEERING, SWIVEL BUCKET SEATS, TINTED GLASS, DUAL MIRRORS, & MORE. THIS CAR IS A REAL BARN FIND. WAS SITTING AROUND FOR 20 YEARS, LAST REGISTRATION TAG ON CA BLACK PLATES IN 1994. I DID SOME CLEANING TO THE EXTERIOR & FOUND IT TO BE VERY SOLID WITH ONLY MINIMAL RUST ON THE BODY. ALL THE CHROME & STAINLESS STEEL TRIM IS ON THE CAR & IN GOOD SERVICEABLE CONDITION. WHEN I PULLED OUT THE OLD CARPET & TRUNK MAT I FOUND ONLY MINOR SURFACE RUST ON BOTH, NO HOLES OR CRATERS, & NO NEED TO REPLACE ANY SHEETMETAL BODY PARTS. THIS CAR NEVER SAW ANY COLLISIONS, NOR HAS IT EVER HAD ANY PANELS REPLACED. ONLY ONE MINOR CREASE LINE ON RIGHT REAR QUARTER PANEL. YOU HAVE TO LOOK REAL CLOSE TO EVEN NOTICE THAT IT HAD BEEN PAINTED ONCE IN 54 YEARS, THE ORIGINAL MINT GREEN COLOR. PAINT JOB IS VERY THIN & HAS THE PETINA OF AN ORIGINAL PAINT CAR. THE INTERIOR WAS REDONE YEARS AGO WITH INCORRECT UPHOLSTERY, BUT ALL THE INTERIOR FOR THIS CAR IS AVAILABLE TO BRING BACK TO BONE STOCK. I WENT AHEAD AND REPLACED THE TIRES, STARTER, SOME IGNITION PARTS, FUEL PUMP, & REBUILT THE ORIGINAL CARB. THE CAR DOES RUN, BUT DOES NOT DRIVE DUE TO THE TRANSMISSION NOT GOING IN TO GEAR, AND THE BRAKES ALL NEED REPLACED, MOTOR ALSO HAS A WATER LEAK. THIS IS A GREAT CAR TO RESTORE TO ORIGINAL BECAUSE IT IS ALL THERE, & HAS NO MAJOR RUST ISSUES OF ANY KIND. THE 59 SPORT FURY IS THE RAREST OF THE 59 MODELS & IS WORTH GOOD MONEY RESTORED. IT IS ALSO A VERY COOL CAR. GO TO A CAR SHOW IN THIS & YOU MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS ONE! ADDITIONAL PHOTOS UPON REQUEST.

$500 DEPOSIT DUE IN 72 HOURS OF ACCEPTANCE, FULL BALANCE DUE IN 7 CALANDER DAYS. PAYMENT DUE BY CASH OR BANK WIRE TRANSFER ONLY, NO CHECKS OF ANY KIND. I CAN ASSIST WITH INTERNATIONAL BUYERS & THEIR SHIPPERS, BUT TRANSPORTATION EXPENSES ARE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY. CAR OR TITLE WILL NOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT FULL PAYMENT. THANKS FOR LOOKING!

FOR THOSE OF YOU JUST LOOKING AROUND, I ALSO HAVE A 1959 PLYMOUTH FURY 4 DOOR HARDTOP I AM PARTING OUT. COMPLETE CAR WITH MANY GOOD PARTS AVAILABLE, PLEASE INQUIRE. NOT SELLING WHOLE CAR!

Image not available

An AutoCheck Vehicle History Report is essential when shopping for a used vehicle.
Check whether an accident has been reported on the vehicle.
Confirm the reported miles are accurate with AutoCheck's OdometerCheck.
Make sure the title is clean of any reported problems. If the report misses a problem, AutoCheck will buy the vehicle back!

AutoCheck found NO records for this 1959 Plymouth Fury.
VIN:M294101831Engine:318 4V SUPER PACK V8
Style / Body:- Special Offer for eBay Customers Only:
Single Report for $10.99 - Save 63% (reg. $29.99)
10-Pack for $19.99 - Save 82% (reg. $109.90)
Buy AutoCheck ReportBuy AutoCheck ReportBuy AutoCheck Report

Already purchased a report from AutoCheck?
If you have previously purchased a package of Vehicle History Reports from AutoCheck, please sign in now for access to your remaining reports. AutoCheck Sign InAutoCheck Sign InAutoCheck Sign In

If your vehicle is near you, just make arrangements with the seller to pick it up. If it's further away, you can either fly or drive to the car's location, or you can hire a shipping service to get it delivered to your door. The seller may have additional options available, so check their description for more information.
Important Information From This Seller

Sells to: Worldwide
Buyer is responsible for vehicle pickup or shipping.

Shipping Quotes PROVIDED BY

Airfares PROVIDED BY

Find out how much it would cost to pick up your vehicle in person.

Flight type:
One Way|More flight search options - opens in a new window or tab
Leaving from:
Going to:

Depart:
Any12:00 AM1:00 AM2:00 AM3:00 AM4:00 AM5:00 AM6:00 AM7:00 AM8:00 AM9:00 AM10:00 AM11:00 AM12:00 Noon1:00 PM2:00 PM3:00 PM4:00 PM5:00 PM6:00 PM7:00 PM8:00 PM9:00 PM10:00 PM11:00 PM
Adults:
01234 Seniors:
01234 Children:

SearchSearch

Driving Directions PROVIDED BY

Get driving directions for picking up the vehicle locally.

Starting Address:
Destination Address:

Get DirectionsGet Directions

To ensure a smooth transaction, be sure to review all of your options for payment and financing carefully before purchasing this vehicle. Review the seller's payment instructions carefully. If you have any questions, be sure to ask the seller before bidding or sending your payment.
Seller's payment instructions
FULL PAYMENT DUE WITHIN 7 CALANDER DAYS OF AUCTION END. WIRE TRANSFERS OR CASH IN PERSON ACCEPTED ONLY, NO CHECKS OF ANY KIND.

Deposit via PayPal
US $500.00 within 48 hours of auction close.(Immediate deposit required for Buy It Now)

Payment methods accepted
Cash in person
Other - See Seller's payment instructions for payment methods accepted

Full payment
Required within 7 days of auction close.

Financing

Find out more about your options for financing this vehicle. Connect with third-party financing companies that offer competitive rates and helpful services to complete your purchase. Also, be sure to check the seller's description for more options.

Get Matched to a Financing Company
$Amount to finance:

State of residence:
-Select-AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict Of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingPuerto RicoVirgin IslandsNorthern Mariana IslandsGuamAmerican SamoaPalauArmed Forces (AA)Armed Forces (AE)Armed Forces (AP)
ContinueContinue
Rates as low as:
4.64% APR* - New auto rates
4.74% APR* - Used auto rates
Estimate Monthly Payments

* Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) are available from select lenders, current as of today's date only and are subject to change at any time. Rates quoted are for applicants for secured loans with excellent credit histories. This is not a commitment to make a loan. The rate applicable to your loan will be specified by the lender.

You can add ##n## more item.You can add ##n## more items.You’re the first person to watch this item. Don’t let it get away!people are watching this item. Place a bid and beat them to buy this item!##n## item can still be added to your watch list.##n## items can still be added to your watch list.person is watching this item. Place a bid and improve your chances to buy this item.(##i## item)(##i## items)
Back to home page | Report this item | Printer versionReturn to top

About eBayMotors Security CenterPoliciesGovernment RelationsSite MapContact UsHelpFollow us on TwitterFind us on FacebookeBay official time
© 1995-2013 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. eBay and the eBay logo are among the registered trademarks of eBay Inc. Kelley Blue Book® and Blue Book® are registered trademarks of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc. Other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Some automotive images © eVox Productions LLC, all rights reserved. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Close Monthly Payment Calculator

Start of layerEnd of layer
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
hawkeye999

Re: NICE SPORT FURY ON EBAY.

Post by hawkeye999 »

Wow, Dick. An original SF steering wheel with almost all the resin still on it?????? :o Oh yeah, the car. As a newbie, I learned very quickly that your name is synonymous with SF expertise :ugeek: and with the forum generally. So, when you use the adjective "nice" in your subject line, I naturally sat straight up and took notice. Then, when the first three words in the post were "Buy it now" I literally took that as a something just short of a directive you were personally whispering in my ear, so I sat up just a little straighter still while it took me a second to make the connection those words have with the type of ebay listing........ Then I thought, heck, if this a sweet deal Dick would have snapped it up for sure. Hmmmmmm, simmer down, newbie,simmer down. :? In all seriousness, it is very tough at my early stage in the game to size up restoration costs based on a few photos and a paragraph or two. Even tougher still is to weigh those costs against the value of the finished product, especially when you are starting with a comparatively high mileage vehicle -- not that one approaches this kind of thing like a business venture because that would suck all the joy out of it, of course. Still, one does need to avoid a money pit in case Mom needs a liver transplant or something. So, two questions: why didn't you bite (if you are willing to share) and how does one go about quantifying restoration costs on a vehicle in this condition, at least ball park?

Thanks,

Jim
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Jim - Let's not get carried away. Any expertise I have came from doing everthing twice and all my friends on the forum plus trial and error, and error , and error. Sweet deal! looked like it but you never know, only way to know short of the expense of going to take a look at it or having it appraised. Snap it up, probably except I already have three and the last one is draining the $ well plus it's too late in life to be trained by another woman. Weight to costs, what, you kidding, there is no way in hell anybody can do that especially with a vehicle of the 59 vintage. My first one I found locally and got a 20 footer that at the time I had only intentions of fixing it up a little but ended up doing a frame off restoration, had to do everything myself because otherwise I would not have been able to afford it (more expertise). The second one I bought sight unseen, it was on ebay with 43,100 miles, was a western states car and with what I had learned previously and the tone and look of the owners other cars and home I took a chance and made an offer. Again, knowing what I know now it's still basically original except for upholstery and I got it for about the same price of the restoration costs of the first one. Enter the Convertible!!!!!. 1. Condition - Awful. 2. Sitting in a field at least 30 or more years. 3. All there - yea right. Cost - $4,500 plus $1,200 shipping from California. Cost to restore - ???????????????. The only thing I knew was I had the complete power train but the engine and tranny and differention would all have to be rebuilt (not by me). All my friends asked me how I could afford to restore it considering it's condition, I told them I could do it for about $20 K (lying thru my teeth) because I was doing all the labor. They will never know the real costs. It's should be worth $50 to 60K when completed. If you love old cars, the old car hobby, the association you have with others in the hobby you basically don't get involved because of mony. You get involved with a car you love at the most affordable price you can afford never telling your wife that in the long run the cost will probably double but you don't give a damn and keep on keeping on because it's such a pleasure and you love eveything about the old car hobby. You can't quantify the costs, just know the least you pay at the beginning the more it will cost to get where you want it to be.
Jump in newbie,
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
hawkeye999

Post by hawkeye999 »

I know far too well that there is no substitute for one's own experience when it comes to these kind of things, Dick. I do find comfort in hearing from long-timers such as yourself, though, and I do so enjoy your witty banter. When it comes to '59 Plymouths, there is no substitute for the SF, that is for sure, but this one just doesn't feel like it's the one for me. I'll cut my teeth on the Belvedere for now and l couldn't be happier about it. :D

Thanks,

Jim