VALANCE ON EBAY.

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Dick Koch

VALANCE ON EBAY.

Post by Dick Koch »

I don't believe it. A front valance showed up on ebay the other day with $10.00 starting price and no reserve. I bid the $10.00 so it could not be taken off. I watched it at least twice a day for six days but nobody was bidding but me. Last night the bidding would be over around 9:30 PM, I was going to wait until then and at the last second up my bid to $200.00 because the freight from texas was $179.34. But as it has happened many time before I forgot about it, around 11 o'clock I went to bed. Still not remembering it, I got on my computer this morning and found out I was the winner at $10.00.
I'm either the luckiest guy in the world or the 59 Plymouth universe stood still for 6 days except for me. At $189.34 I think it's a pretty good deal.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
tomf

Re: VALANCE ON EBAY.

Post by tomf »

Congratulations!! Good thing do still happen. This reminds me of one of my good happenings through the years. In 1986 I was looking for some parts for my first 59SF (the white one in the Showcase under Larry Flynn) and found a guy in Portland, OR with an attic full of stuff. I found what I was looking for plus a brand new valance with the part # still written on it I paid $20 dollars for it and freighted it home with other parts. Of course $20 was a lot of money in 1986!

Keep up the good work
Tom
big m

Post by big m »

Glad to hear that it was you that was the lucky one, Dick!!

---John
In rust we trust!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Gotta wonder what was on the seller's mind when he initially posted it, with no reserve.
I hope it is "as advertised", and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Thanks Roger - I hope and pray he is not pissed and gave it a whack.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! GOOD DEAL!!