Carpet - type and colour

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Guy Salmon

Carpet - type and colour

Post by Guy Salmon »

Can anyone tell me the type and colour of carpet that would have been
available for the Fury. The original interior colour is grey.

Many thanks
Guy
mrtester

Post by mrtester »

Two months ago, I posted a tip to this forum referring '59 Plymouth owners to Auto Custom Carpets, the primary carpet supplier to most of America's vintage car restoration shops. ACC sells their auto carpet products abroad as well. They should have the color and style that you are looking for, call them or check their web site.

Auto Custom Carpets, Inc.
P. O. Box 1350
1429 Noble Street
Anniston, AL 36201, USA
(800) 352-8216
http://www.accmats.com/

Post by Guest »

I believe it was cut pile carpeting.
sportfury1959

Carpets

Post by sportfury1959 »

Hello Guy,

I had the same question a couple of years ago. When my SF came from the US it had a red cut pile carpet. Later somebody told me that the original carpet must have been a black because the lower part of the door panels are black too. Also there was a lot of customizing done in these years and I couldn’t find out what was the original colour of the carpet. Finally I decided to purchase the red cut pile carpet again. The experience I can give you is the following: Next time I would by a loop carpet because the cut pile is hard to clean once it became a little dirty and no matter how or where you drive it – it simply happens. Second, the colour bleeds out with every time you wash it and third the cut pile is less resistant and looks very used in the food area after a while. After all the loop looks more simple and maybe for that more “original”.

Have fun

Stefan
Germay – alias another fellow-sufferer in spare parts
Sportfury1959