Car cover

Looking for something? Post it here!
Faulkner

Car cover

Post by Faulkner »

I'd like to keep a car cover on Faulkner, even when it's in the garage. Can anyone recommend a brand that fits well, protects well, and that's minimal torture to put on and secure?

adTHANKSvance
Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Nary a response on this inquiry. Can anyone help? It may be important to park Faulkner in someone else's garage for a while, and I want to keep it protected...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Dan, maybe you wanna check those universal car covers out. We also got one. You only need to cut a hole in it for the antenna.
What about those car covers on e-bay? Special for a 59 Plymouth. Don't know anything about them. Anybody???
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

For my Belvedere, I had a flocked grey one from California Car Covers...I really liked it..it fit very well, was soft like a terrycloth towel, had elastic sewed in the hem so it "clung" to the body, even came with a cable and padlock to keep it from being stolen..I did have to cut a hole for the front antenna. It was not intended for extended use outdoors, and it disintegrated after several years of Seattle weather. I would like to get another one for the SF..I think it cost $300, but I really dont remember.
They advertise in Hemmings-
jason bauck

car cover

Post by jason bauck »

hey dan,

i remember surfing the web about 6 months ago and came across aweb site that the guy specialized in 58 sport furies and he had tailor made car covers for sale on his site i will let u know if i find his sitev again ltr

jason :)
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

just a friendly reminder that sport furies were not produced in 1958 :-)
One site that is promoting a member's car cover business is the ForwardLook. John Lazenby is the man.
Incidentally, I received a California Car Cover for Christmas, and I really like it. They offer at least six different grades of cover..i got the one that repels some water, but mostly keeps the dust off the car.