1959 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible

redsportsfury

Re: 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible

Post by redsportsfury »

Thank you I actually just found a similar picture so I now know what the difference is.

Ron are you the one to register the Fury with? if so what would I need to provide?
Thanks Jerry
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

PM sent.
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

redsportsfury wrote:Dan,
I know you are near to Lansdale maybe you can come up and give us your opinion on the car. What are you thoughts on its value?
Jerry
Hi Jerry, I'm a new grandpop, and getting ready to visit Ireland and Amsterdam (with Ron and family!), so time is really tight right now. And I'm certainly not the best judge of a car's worth. But there are plenty of folk on this forum that can give you sound advice. Best of luck!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Thank you Ron, for posting the pictures of "stock" seats and door panels. I simply couldn't put my computer hands on a decent photo.
Jerry, on your car the pattern of fabric and vinyl (in other words, the "design") is correct, but the specific fabric in your car is not right. To be honest, it reminds me of something the Bobby Brady wore on the Brady Bunch! Your fabric has wide black stripes, and various other shades of colors which simply weren't in the original.
The ONLY place remanufacturing the factory original fabric by-the-yard is SMS, in Canby, OR. He has access to a computerized loom which makes beautiful copies of the original stuff. A person wanting to have a factory-original-appearing car would have to buy from SMS, and have the seats and door panels re-worked. Mind you, there are surely more un-original than original SFs out there, as SMS was not well known for many years, and the cost of material is of course an issue. Factory-original seat covers may be available from Original Auto Interiors (but I think he is sold out of red ones).

I am glad you've learned what the front valance ("air scoop") is, and I am truly sorry you haven't found one among the pile of parts. I would have to say that should you need one, you are with the right group here, as Ron and Matthew Keij and John Quinn (to name a few) are constantly watching eBay for rare parts.
Earlier today I checked out a 2-dr Suburban which has been sitting in a field for the last 40 years, and, in a senior moment, I FORGOT to look to see if it had a valance!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I just posted Roger's pics of the Suburban in this topic viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2069 looks like a car missing the front valance too.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
redsportsfury

Post by redsportsfury »

Well men sorry I have been vacationing in Florida for the past 4 weeks. While I was away we sold the 59 Sport Fury Convertible to a Plymouth restorer in West Virginia. I did not get to meet him but I was told he was excited about the car and looking forward to completing the Fury. He also immediately noticed the upholstery being incorrect.

I will have to say you guys were the best at getting out information on this wonderful classic car. I am happy that someone who knows the car will complete it and make it stand in its own glory again.

Hope all of you have a wonderful spring and summer. Maybe the good Lord will bless me again and you guys as well with another classic Plymouth.
Jerry
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I' am very interested in who bought it, if name is available?
I tracked a cvt for sale way out here in Washington State some years ago...I actually drove the 200 miles to go view it up in Point Roberts, about as far north as you can get before entering Canada. The car was sold to an E. Washington man who quicklly turned a profit, by selling it to a man in West Virginia.
redsportsfury

Post by redsportsfury »

the mans name is Benny Buckner. not sure exactly where in WV though. He told me he has over 200 cars so it is possible.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Yes, I know of Benny Buckner. He supplied parts to another List member, who has not been heard from lately...being in the military, he has a very busy life.