'59 Sport Fury Power Brake Problem

And, how not to! Show a fellow member how you did it, here
RICKYMOPAR

Re: '59 Sport Fury Power Brake Problem

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

Sorry, Engine valve adjustment. FYI or silly trivia...Saab had a dual master cylinder, with cross triangulation braking system in the 1960's Their's was set up so you would have 3 brakes working on a partial failure. Trolhattan two strokes 3=6.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Everyone,
I have had no experience with dual M/Cs, and I was only venturing a guess in my recent post. Please read and follow all directions for installation of your own dual M/C! :D
Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

I thought as Dick says...one cylinder is for front brakes and one is for back. Isn't the larger one for front and smaller for rear? I think this is because front disc brake cars require more fluid than the rear drum brakes. Haven't worked on brakes for awhile now so everything is fuzzy.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

On my 59 I used the mid to late 60's (1967 I think...) A body Dart master cylinder. Here is that picture of it.

John Q.
100_4056.JPG
The front cylinder goes to the rear ( I have proportioning device to adjust front and rear braking ratio if needed, there rear cylider goes to the Disc brakes I installed (Aspen/Volare F body)
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Looks like John Q. and I have the same setup for front disc brakes (brilliant minds). I drilled and tapped the front of the cylinder to take a brake light switch, the only drawback is, if you lose fluid in the front chamber you also loose your brake lights. This picture was taken at the beginning of the restoration. As you can see the rear brakes are on the front cylinder going thru the proportioning valve and the front discs are on the rear chamber.
Dick.
100_1643.jpg
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.