new to forum

318fins

new to forum

Post by 318fins »

Hello everyone im 318fins , I dont own a 59' but I do own a 58'2dr ht belvedere. and I also dig the 59's as well. There are some gorgeous cars on here.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: new to forum

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Remember the Alamo!!!! And 59 Plymouths! Thanks for joining our band of brothers (and sisters!) We like the 58's too! So show us a picture of what ya got! :)

Maybe you can pick up a 59 Plymouth to balance out your beginning fleet of 50's Plymouths! We use the 57-58 Plymouth Tech manual a lot being the 59's manual was just a supplement to it.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
big m

Post by big m »

Welcome, Carlos!!

Good to see you here!!

---John
In rust we trust!
jason

Post by jason »

good to have ya aboard Carlos!!!
318fins

Post by 318fins »

Thanks John Q,John, and Jason happy to be here.
318fins

Post by 318fins »

John Q I checked out your resto great work! Thats a very pretty blue,Your 59' didnt look too rough at first compared to how ive seen some which is always a good thing. Im still in resto stages on mine will be assembling eng,trans ,suspension soon.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Carlos thanks for the kind words. I ended up getting two new doorss, one trunk lid, one Hood (mine was missing) and the front floor pan out of a local 59 SF that was all cut up except for the floors I needed.

I am also going to replace the trunk floor this winter. I bought earlier this year a replacement floor from John Fowlie from one of his 59 plymouth he has in stock. I am in no rush for that and will get it sometime this winter.

I kept the body still on the frame during the resto to keep everthing in alignment. All and all, it was not that bad. Check out Dick Koch's work on Show my Ride and you can see some quality work there. Type loudly, Dick is very old!! LOL Naw...Dick does great work on his fleet of 59's.

The color of the car is acually Turquoise (kinda a blue green) The color came out in spring of 59 and the chips are actually shown on the 60 Plymouth chip chart showing the late 59 spring colors. None of the pictures I take really do the turquoise justice. I will have to park it next to actual Blue car to show the shade difference.

Any 59's down in Alamo country we can trick you into buying? I like the 58's a lot and am chasing a 58 Plymouth convert my sell needing the same type of resto that I did on the 59. Of couse another 59 convert project would no be out of the question too..

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/