1959 Suburban

indian301

1959 Suburban

Post by indian301 »

Hi,

My name is Dave and I live in Kingman, AZ. I own a 1959 Suburban station wagon. A friend of mine gave it to me 3 months ago. He had it for almost 10 years and decided he would never do anything with it. It did not have a drivetrain, but lots of spare parts. I had purchased a 1990 Dodge pick up for this project. I used everything from the pick up for the wagon, so now it has a fuel injected 360 with overdrive, the rear axle, and rear antilock brakes. I also used all of the gauges, a/c and heat. I went to the junkyard and got a disc brake set up from a 1986 Diplomat and it bolted right on. I am still working on the custom fuel cell for the fuel pump assembly. The car has minimal rust. I replaced the rear floor pans and the only other rust is the lower 1 " on the rear quarter panels (soon to be repaired). The only big ticket item will be the front windshield.

Dave
100_3924.JPG
100_3926.JPG
100_3927.JPG
big m

Re: 1959 Suburban

Post by big m »

Looks like you did a nice job fitting the drivetrain in!

2-door Suburbans are fairly scarce, seems not too many survived.

I was in Kingman earlier this summer, bringing a '59 Sport Suburban from El Paso that I bought as a parts car. I have plenty of windshields for when you are ready for one.

Welcome to the '59 site also!!
---John
In rust we trust!
indian301

Post by indian301 »

John,

I am just trial fitting everything at this time, but I can drive the car down the street to try things out. I will be tearing it apart to rebuild the front suspension and to clean a few things up. Let me know how much you want for the windshield. I would like to get it installed ASAP so that I can leave it outside.

Thanks, Dave
big m

Post by big m »

I get $150 for A decent front windshield. Only problem is, I do not ship these due to careless freight handlers breaking them, with no recourse.

I am just up near Sacramento, if you have someone coming this way, they could pick one up. I also have about 12 '59 Plymouths for parts.

---John
In rust we trust!
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

indian301 wrote:John,

I am just trial fitting everything at this time, but I can drive the car down the street to try things out. I will be tearing it apart to rebuild the front suspension and to clean a few things up. Let me know how much you want for the windshield. I would like to get it installed ASAP so that I can leave it outside.

Thanks, Dave
Just for curiosity's sake,i see in the pics that your wagon has a windshield in it, am i missing something?

Bob
indian301

Post by indian301 »

Bob,

I took a picture of the good side. There is a 2" hole and giant spider cracks on the passenger side of the windshield.

Dave
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I LIKE this revival of a classic! Good job! :D
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

indian301 wrote:Bob,

I took a picture of the good side. There is a 2" hole and giant spider cracks on the passenger side of the windshield.

Dave
Oh ok, thanks! Least i know my eyesight wasn't deceiving me!

Bob
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Neat wagon! Those M body (Diplomat/New Yorker) brakes seem to fit everything. I have a set in a 69 charger and an F body (aspen and volare) set on my 59. (did hae to shorten tie rods a 1/2 for more adjustability though..)

I also have an A body (73- 76 Duster/Dart) in my 70 Cuda with no hiccups either. I think all the spindle setups are very close to each other regadless of the years.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/