New Member - 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury

dgould3241

New Member - 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury

Post by dgould3241 »

Hi All,

My name is Doug Gould and I am the proud owner of a Mint Green 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury. Purchased in Nevada a few years ago, it is close to being an all original, interior and exterior, with only 62,000 miles and still looks great. The Nevada weather preserved the body, and a light buffing took of years of haze to reveal it's beautiful mint green paint. It's still in great shape, especially for being nearly all original, and it's a really fun car!

I am also the owner of a 1959 Plymouth Fury four door that I purchased from Minnesota. The harsh Minnesota winters did a number on this car so that it is now mainly a parts car. The interesting thing about this car though is, that it seems to have almost every option that was available for 59 including factory Air Conditioning. I have always believed this to have been a possible dealer showroom piece used to demonstrate the options available for 59, otherwise I am not sure why so many options would be on a model such as this, especially air conditioning in Minnesota. I plan to possibly use the air condioning unit in my Sport Fury someday or possibly sell it to someone who can use it.
Matthew Keij

Re: New Member - 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury

Post by Matthew Keij »

Welcome here Doug!

Do you have any pics of your collection?
Where do you live? Carlisle is almost starting and it would be great if you bring the Sport Fury! If you are close 8)
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Welcome aboard! Yes, what state do you live in and send some pictures on Show Your Ride Thread so we can gaze lovingly upon you SF.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Bernie B.

Post by Bernie B. »

Doug,

Welcome. I saw your car several years ago at the Dedham, MA show and left a note in it. You and I corresponded briefly, as there were so few of these cars, or so I thought at that time, up here in New England. Several more have popped up since then. I'm pretty sure I told Dan about it back then, too. It is nice and clean and original, and an uncommon color for a Sport Fury. I recall you had brake trouble on the way home from that show, must have been, what, 6-8 years ago??

Did you get to Dedham this year? It's the same weekend as Chryslers at Carlisle and probably the biggest show in New England, and this time the weather was perfect. Sorry I couldn't get to either show this year. Glad you found this site.

Bernie B.