My 59 Plymouth is for sale

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Nighthawk

My 59 Plymouth is for sale

Post by Nighthawk »

Hello all, i've decided to sell my 59 Belvedere, i feel having 2 cars is too much, so here it is here, i'm asking 12,500 or best for it....
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z276715521
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: My 59 Plymouth is for sale

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Bummer Bob!!! I hope you will still hang around after you sell your Gem to some lucky guy or gal.

I will spread the word around Colorado that there is sharp 59 Plymouth for sale and it includes a 12 pack of Labatt's 50 ale to the right buyer! Or maybe some Molson would be finer for your fifty niner!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Thanks John, and there will be a dozen 50, Ex, or Canadian in it for you if you find me a buyer for my old gal, I'm not leaving the old car "hobby" but i have felt for awhile its best for me just to have one car rather than two.... i may sell my Chev as well if i find a really nice classic that i'd be happy to have as my only classic car, time will tell how that goes.....and i will stick around on this board if you guys would like to have me still whenever i sell the old P!

Bob
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Say it ain't so, Bob!!! Say, why don't you sell that clunker Chebbie instead?!

(*sniff*)... I echo the sentiment - please stay on the board! You are always welcome. Best of luck to you...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Try to sell it at Chryslers @ Carlisle!

Good excuse to visit the show :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Hey Bob,

I was in the exact same situation in 1994. I ended up sellling my 1964 Chevy Impala SS Convertible at Carlisle. It was a restoration project for 3 years and lots of $$$. I kept the Plymouth because it was a rare sight in Maryland. I must admit it was a tough decision to decide which one to sell, but it had to be done.

I don't have near the energy of Dick to own more than one car!!! :lol:

Please stay on board even if the Plymouth finds a new owner...

Best of Luck,
Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Just to update this, I've cut the price to 11 grand and in 2 months I've received little or no interest at all, there seems to be one helluva lot of classic cars for sale these days, and in talking to other guys i know with cars for sale, nothin's doin,at all!
I'm really surprised that theres been so little interest in a reasonably priced, low mileage, all original car.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

You are fortunate that you don't HAVE to sell, Bob.
It is true that there is currently a glut of nice old cars up for sale.
Maybe your best chance is to take your car to "fun show", not a judged show, where someone will see you enjoying your car, and on the spur of the moment get captivated, then he will see your small "for sale" sign in the window, and a deal will be struck. :)
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

I've been doing that since the cruise night/car show season started Roger, and I've had lot of lookers and the odd question
asked about it, but that's as far as it goes, but yeah, you're right I am fortunate that I don't have to sell it, i was talking to a guy today at a car show i was at earlier who also has a car for sale, and he told me from what he hears, only the guys who are willing to "give them away" are selling anything.

Bob
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Well then it is settled! Put it back in the garage and by Lotto tickets instead!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
big m

Post by big m »

Bob,

I have had good luck selling Mopars over on the ForwardLook discussion board. If you're not signed up there, it is quite easy, and the ads you place do not cost anything. Mo0st anyone looking for a ForwardLook car check in there frequently.

---John
In rust we trust!
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Well, i've given up on this idea of selling the old Plymouth, for now anyway, i cut the price to 10 grand and still got very little or no interest,did have some clown offer me 5 grand for it, and you can all imagine what i told him he could do with that offer!
What gets me the most is this, all this season i've heard people complain about the price of gas, and they say they cant afford the gas to go to this show or that cruise night and so on, and you have for sale a clean original car that gets 20 miles a gallon and they all say "Oh no, i want a muscle car!"

Bob
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Bob, I guess it just wasn't meant to be for you to sell it - and, that you'll have to continue to hang out with us clowns for a while.

:D :D :D :D

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Faulkner wrote:Bob, I guess it just wasn't meant to be for you to sell it - and, that you'll have to continue to hang out with us clowns for a while.

:D :D :D :D

Dan
Well, regardless of whether i sold it or not, i was still planning on hanging out with you clowns, I've been here 7 years!

Bob
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Clowns? So you are just hanging out with John Q and Dick after you sold it? :cry:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”