A question about Gary Goers parts

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Faulkner

A question about Gary Goers parts

Post by Faulkner »

I'm getting ready to place an order with Gary (and yes... take a long winter's nap :cry: ) -- and I'm flipping through Catalog #8. I see that Gary offers many radiator support to hood seals, but not for the '59 Plymouth (although there's a splash shield for Chrysler and DeSoto). I looked at my car, and there doesn't seem to have been one there before. Does yours have one?

Also -- I'm going to order a hood pad from Gary. There aren't any '59 Plymouth-specific clips in the catalog, just general-purpose fasteners. Anybody use these, and how many does it take?

Thanks
Dan
MikesMotorParts

also working on that

Post by MikesMotorParts »

If I`remember rightly Gary Goers has offered a complete kit of splash or gravel shields. That stuff is mounted on the inner front fender housing above the upper control arm. A part of this shields was still there on my Belvy. I`ve found all the little holes afther remove paint and dirt on the front fender shields where the rubber was mounted with clamps.
I`have a radiator to hood seal on my Ply. which is mounted with 3 or 4 clips to the radiator support. Looks like factory installed. I want to replace the bad rubber, but I`also cant`find it at Gary Goers.
I`ve never seen a "hood insulation" or hood pad on a 59 Ply.
My Belvy. has a hood strainer installed with two sheet metal pads on it.
Looking also for any suggestions.
59`Belvedere 2 dr. hdtp
59`Dodge Kingsway sedan
MikesMotorParts

Post by MikesMotorParts »

Sorry!! Just testing to insert a picture.
Last edited by MikesMotorParts on Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59`Belvedere 2 dr. hdtp
59`Dodge Kingsway sedan

Post by Guest »

I believe I somehow ended up with a hood to cowl weatherstrip. My Cvt does not have one. Nor does it have the hood insulation.
I am just about three weeks from final move...we are staying at the new place, but I have not even tried to pack the garage yet. It is all inside the house stuff first...
roberthinds

Post by roberthinds »

Gary Goers has the proper hood to cowl rubber strip. There is not a hood to radiator support seal.
The hood pad is glued on and was an seldom ordered option that included undercoating. It is a good idea to preserve the paint on the hood. The pad that Gary Goers sells is correct and fits well.
Robert Hinds
sportfury1959

Hood Pad

Post by sportfury1959 »

Robert is right. I have a hood pad on my SF. It is glued to the inside of the hood and has 3 layers. The fist one is the glue, than comes a kind of dam wool or rock wool and the last layer is a kind of rubber pad. The whole hood pad is also supported by a hood strainer and the two sheet metal rectangles so it won’t fall off. The major purpose of the hood pad was to prevent noise from the engine and a better warm up when the car was driven in an area with cold winters.

Stefan
sportfury1959