Needle in Haystack-'59 Copper on Copper Swivel Seat

Kmaelucas23

Needle in Haystack-'59 Copper on Copper Swivel Seat

Post by Kmaelucas23 »

My brother has been thinking a lot lately about a '59 Sports Fury our dad purchased. It was copper on copper in color (not sure what the official name was back in the day - Sierra Gold?). It had a swivel seat. We had it only for a year in Lynchburg, Virginia. He traded it in somwhere in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1960-1961 for a white Thunderbird. The car had a plaque on the dash stating "Made Especially for Jack Lucas." I know it is a long shot, but if anyone has a story of the how the Fury was adopted, it would be fun to learn. Love your Hobby and hope to find "59 one day.

Kathy Lucas
Boulder, Colorado
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Needle in Haystack-'59 Copper on Copper Swivel Seat

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Kathy, I wish you had the Sport Fury today since you are so close to me. Hopefully your Dad's car survived today. Do you have any old registration or old Insurance card left over from your Dad's car that would contain the VIN? That will help in case the color would have been changed at some point in the cars life. We can then search our members to see if they have it or not.

Some owners along the cars susquent owenerships, might have removed the Plaque being it was not their name.Quite posssibly it may exist but need a bit more info if it is available. Do you have any pictures of the car during the year of your Dad's ownership? Since he bought it new, would he might have the dealership papers on his purchase somewhere in the family archives?

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

kathy, when you are done reading this. Come back to the bottom of the main forum page and we can do a chat on your dads car.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

The color was known as Bronze.
It would indeed be a blast to find that car once again...your best bet is to go back to the dealer to ask where it went.
I was able to track down my car's history by writing to the Department of Transportation...obviously you'd need the VIN or registration #.
Kmaelucas23

Post by Kmaelucas23 »

I am still figuring this site out Denver 59

Roger H- That is too funny- Bronze- And the story is, that as a child, my mother used to have a job working for a company who bronzed baby shoes or athletic shoes or memorabilia. I remember dad saying something about him getting the car bronzed too. I was 6-7 at the time.

My brother has been slowly working through boxes of "stuff." He has found a few titles of other cars, so the hope is he will find this one or an insurance car.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

Kathy