New to the forum from South Australia.

jason

New to the forum from South Australia.

Post by jason »

Hello all!

My name is Jason and Im new to the forum. I live in Adelaide, South Australia and I own 3 Plymouths.
I have an Australian delivered 59 Belvedere 4 door pillarless hardtop ( under restoration) and a 57 Belvedere
(daily driver) and have just bought a 59 Belvedere 2 door hardtop (for restoration)

Ive loved Plymouths all my life and have always had MoPars. I am also a member of the
Christine Car Club and the guys over there accept all years espescially the 57 - 59. Im so proud of my
purchase and cant wait to start it. Ive always wanted a 2 door...............My ultimate would be
a SF Convertable and Im keeping my fingers crossed. I know Vic who is also a member here but havnt seen
him in ages..(If your reading this Vic we have to catch up buddy!!!)
Have enclosed some pics. Look forward to spinning some yarns with ya all. thanks for havin me!!

Jase
P2270771.JPG
Picture 378[1].jpg
Steve Storey

Re: New to the forum from South Australia.

Post by Steve Storey »

Welcome to our group. Sounds like a great stable of cars! Good luck on your search for a convertible. I spent a week in Sydney years ago and always wished I'd been motivated at the time to see more of your wonderful country.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Glad to have you aboard Jason (Jase) Do you prefer Jase? It's a great site and lots of helpful people. Looks like you have a nice looking 59 in your stable of Fin cars!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Welcome Jase! ...a LH drive Belv 2HT.... DId you import it, or was it already in Australia? Vic sold his hardtop to buy a cvt, but I think his HT was a SF.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Welcome to the King of Belvedere's! You certainly got some great cars Jason, I like all of them 8) Last night I saw your 57 on youtube in a movie of the last car cruise for this year in Adelaide, who would want something else for a daily driver?? Seems like Adelaide is the place to be when you have an old Plymouth as most people with FwdLk cars I know from Australia live in SA.

You are welcome to send any pictures you've got to me so i can create a page for you in the Gallery http://59plymouth.net/59gallery/ I know you already found your way to the "old" website.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
big m

Post by big m »

Hi Jase, and welcome to the '59 site!!

---John
In rust we trust!
jason

Post by jason »

ThankYou everyone for your kind welcome's.

"King of Belvederes" thanks Ron I guess Iam kind of. These cars are very rare down under and I know of only 4 others
in south australia eitther being restored or on the road. But in saying that there are guys importing Plymouths all the
time. Mainly 58's which is cool, but nothing beats a SF! Vic bought his SF the day I bought my first Belvy.
His HT was a police pack car I beleive and it had a BB383 and yeah it was a SF. The guy he bought it from has a
belvy convertable also and a right hand drive aussie 4 door.

The coupe I have origonally came from Nevada and was imported into Australia by a local importer for himself to restore.
the guy hurt his back and had to give up his trade and puut the car up for sale this year. someone in the 70's stuck a
440 into her and painted green lines/scallops across the bonnet and outer trim edges etc.....like a 70 hot rod.
She also has remote entry, shaved door handles, custom taillights in the fin trim........And yes all this will be removed
to get her back as per factory standard. I found out yesterday from the body tags that the origonal colour (xx3) is
Sand Dune white roof and body with the two tone green interior. Not sure I want another SDW car in my garage but I
love Ed's Black Beauty and also love the Aqua colour on Tom's Belvy Cvt.

Thanks again everyone and I look forward to sharing my resto with you all.

Jase
vic barone

Post by vic barone »

Jase, Mate how you doing

Cant believe we live in the same state and haven't seen each other for years. Great to see your passion still runs strong for these American Beauties.

As Roger has told you I did recently sell my HT SF and am now restoring a CVT (bought it from Chuck Hazelton - still have his pics on this website for you to look up). Kept the 361 running gear though.

The cars with Mark Stidwell at present and the guys a magician with steel. If all being well hope to have her cruising by end of the year. The plan is to still go with the copper bronze with matching interior, white roof and dual 4 carb set up.

You will find this web site a wealth of information and the guys out there are always willing to help.

Here's my email so we can catch up , vic.barone@katnichdodd.com.au

Hope to hear from you soon

Cheers

Vic