Introducing Warren Howell

Faulkner

Introducing Warren Howell

Post by Faulkner »

Warren Howell wrote:Thanks and I am trying to complete a really good example of a 1959 Sport Fury Convertible. I need some hard to find parts. Should I give you the list or can you refer me to someone who can help me. When complete I will provide a complete pictorial of the car bottom to all compartments. Thanks Warren A. Howell Regner and Howell Insurance
1304 Langham Creek Drive, Suite 228
Houston, Texas 77084

p.s. I am missing the following. 1 air cleaner for 361-395 motor 2. The pc. That fits on the back of the steering wheel that allows the horn ring to fit onto the front of the steering wheel. 3. The proper arm rests for front door panels.

281-578-5588
281-578-2119 fax

warren at regnerandhowell.com
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Re: Introducing Warren Howell

Post by rogerh »

Welcome to the list, Warren!
Sport Fury armrests become brittle with heat and UV. Unfortunately I do not know of anyone with spares.
The Golden Commando Aircleaner is also a rare item.
The "bowtie" thing for backing up the hornring should be easier to find.
Give a call or email John Fowlie, in Williams, CA. He owns a salvage yard called Big M.
Also, you should post a Wanted ad here on the list. A new member in Montana just joined up, and he reports he has 5 parts cars!
warrenhowell

Post by warrenhowell »

Thanks rogerh for responding to my wanted list. I am in Houston and an in the process of installing a new SMS interior as well custom wire wheels with gold plated reverse "F" emblems. My 59 Sport Fury Conv. came out of the Peterson Museum in LA. I will take your advise and post a wanted ad for the few parts I need. warrenh
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Welcome aboard Warren, Look forward to seeing the old Peterson convert now known as the Warren of Houston Convertible. :)

John Fowlie is the man to see on the needed parts. I don't think he has the air cleaner but he gets parts cars in all the time (well, not that often, but more then we will ever see!)

I have seen the Peterson Musuem car previously in LA, are you going to keep it the same color? Sounds like you are doing the interior, same color on that part too?

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
warrenhowell

Post by warrenhowell »

hello john q. i tried to get in touch with John Fowlie but I had to join the Christine Club. that's okay but I was unsuccessful after joining getting into parts for sale and so on. If anyone knows his phone number or personal email I would appreciate it. Thanks Warren in Houston
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

We are happy to report that John Fowlie is a valued member of this List!
One way to contact him is bigmauto@colusanet.com
His business is on the Web...Google it and you will find the phone number.
Another way is to Private Message him via this site. I'm not too savvy how to do that, but try the following:

Go to Tech Support. Scroll down 8 topics to the Carpet post. At the far right margin, you will see John Fowlie posted a reply to the post. Click on his name (BigM) and you will find a place to PM him.
Trunk mats were being reproduced a few years ago, but the first run was very thick. Valley Vintage (VVAP <that's two "V"s>.com) was selling these. I am not aware of anyone else making them.
When searching around for the Golden Commando aircleaner, it is not necessary to call it a 361/395. (395 is the brake horsepower of the 361.) The 361 came with a four barrel Carter. The Commando cleaner attached to it with a threaded rod and wingnut. These cleaners show up on eBay from time to time.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Roger is spot on again with the info!

Another way of getting a hold of a Forum member is to first know his Forum handle, sometimes it is their names,or sometimes it is something different. Like mine!

But at the top right of the this page is a members button and look for the beginning letter of their handle and then look for that letter it begins with. This list will show all members who's handle begins with that letter. Find that member and then click on their handle and it will give you that members info and ways to get a hold of them via Email or a Private Message (PM)

Or Roger's way of finding a post of that person and clicking on persons Avatar and it will pop up with the same info.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Roger and John are right but the easiest way is to go to John's own website http://www.bigmauto.com/ You can find all contact info there including his phone number.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I am sure John Fowlie gets a ton of emails, so trying his PM thru 59Plymouth is definitely worth a try!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

You know, John Fowlies handle is BIG M, I'm thinking of changing mine to BIG DICK. What ya'll think.
Little Dick for now.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

More like "the Shetland Pony"..... :roll:

John Q,
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)