Family with Mopar for blood.

dodgebrothers

Family with Mopar for blood.

Post by dodgebrothers »

I just want to say Hi. We have been Mopar fanatics from day one (except for dads run with 55-57 chevies years back), mostly muscle but fell in love with Christine and my Dad got me into the '59's with his Belvedere convert. He picked it up in Portland and it was suppose to be a rust free Arizona car which it was far from under all the repairs. He hit a deer with it 4 years ago coming back from a show and it come apart. My brother, Dad and I have been doing a complete frame off and it is almost ready for paint. I live in Helena, Montana and work in North Dakota in the oil field. Once Dads car is done we are starting on my sport fury hardtop that I found in ND for parts but is way to nice to junk. I have 5 parts cars and would entertain selling parts sparingly at least until we finnish the 2 projects, so if anyone needs something let me know I willl try and help. The cars are 1-savoy, 2- wagons, 2-furys and all are 4 doors. Your sight has been very useful and I thank you all for your insight. My email is dodgebrothers1@hotmail.com. Thanks Ken
savvy59

Re: Family with Mopar for blood.

Post by savvy59 »

Ken and Family, welcome aboard to the 59 forum. I think it is great to have family rebuilding Mopars!

There will be many happy people on this forum hearing about a Belvedere convertible!!! (Dick and John Q come to mind).

I can tell you that many people are looking for a front valance. Do any of your spare cars have a valance that is useable or can be rapaired?

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum! You must be the current record holder with 7 cars,maybe Big M has more 59's but I doubt that. He does have lots of parts and if you need the arm rests he is the man to ask about them. If you can email me pictures of your cars and a short story on your "mopar family" I can make a webpage for you on the 59 Plymouth Gallery http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery/index.php?cat=2

You can send as many [ictures as you want to ronkeij@zeelandnet.nl as long as the size of the emails is not more than 10Mb.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

What another Belvedere Convertible!!!! Outstanding! Ken welcome aboard the Forum. Hope you own a car hauler with your fleet of 59's!

My Belv'y convert came from Jordan, Montana originally. So I take one and you guys replaced it! The balance of the car universe at work...

Look forward to seeing your converts and other cars you have too!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Ken - Welcome to the site. I just got a Belvedere Convertible from California without a power train or seats. The front seat is a 60/40 but you already know that. If any of your parts cars have a front seat including rails that you could spare, I would be very interested. Looking in the parts book maybe the second seat in a station wagon might work or even a 2 dr. sedan. I have back seat springs but they are in sad condition, probably beyond saving, so I could use something there also. My Sister-in-law lives in Anaconda, are you far from there. Good to have you aboard, the guys are very helpful and share info freely.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

welcome!
My friend/former co-worker Mike was born and raised in Glendive, MT, and he too worked in the oilfields of North Dakota. He would tell us tales of throwing chain, burning oil in the outhouse to stay warm, climbing the derricks, etc etc. His commute wasn't near as bad as yours!
How did your dad find the Portland convertible?
dodgebrothers

Post by dodgebrothers »

We found the Belvedere on an internet car site (like ebay but wasn't auction site) a few years ago, so we had to make a road trip. Dad tried to buy a white sport fury in early 60's in Deer Lodge, MT but bank wouldn't finance it so his buddy got it. He said they had alot of fun in it, but always wished he would have got it, so the belvedere was a dream come true. We found that sport fury about 10 years ago at Neil Freeman's but wasn't much left. It came with a 71 383 and modern auto trans we didn't have a 318 but did have a '59 361 commando and push button torqueflite so thats what its got now. Belvederes probably didn't have 361( haven't found out), but it will be the same as the sport fury. As far as the lower valance I have one extra but it is pretty hammered and the better 2 for my projects are pretty rough as well. I might have better luck with the seat as mine had a 60/40 but we are going to swap it out for swivel seats. Not sure if the rails are any good but will check when I get home.(As I recall they were rusted off and welded to floor or what was left of floor). Will get my pics together when I get home, not sure if you want pics of just the 59's or any of the mopars. We have been trying to get every decade so we start at 1925 and go up. Needless to say most people come by and think we have a junk yard, but my dad corrects them "saying its a collection".
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

I like your Dad's outlook! A collection! My HOA would have me tar and feathered if I brought any more cars home.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I would love to see the collection!
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...