Tires and Wheels Oh my! what type to use?

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Tires and Wheels Oh my! what type to use?

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Curt, I have been to Dick's last resort many times and Planet Hollywood also numerous times in Myrtle Beach. The river you are talking about is outside Myrtle Beach, The Great Pee Dee and Little Pee Dee which runs into the Inter-coastal. Waccamaw River is nearby and also runs into the Inter-coastal at near the same point. My parents are right off Cape Fear River which is just north of those rivers you speak about.

Dick, I have heard a couple stories like yours about Coker tires tread coming off on the Forward Look site. Some had issues with keeping the tire balanced on the wheel.

Dan's Port a wall's on Faulkner look great but he had a chunk of one get knocked off while we were at Carlisle last year. Thats a option too if I can find a good set of four.

thanks for all the comments and advice on the tires for our cars.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Dick, you say the car had Coker bias plys. We all agree bias plys are NOT the way to go with our cars. How old were they? It's possible Coker did make them in Mexico, but then they are not the radials I recommended. I had no issues with the Coker radials. :)
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Here's an old thread about Portawhites...

viewtopic.php?p=5740#p5740

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Roger - I took delivery of my Green 59 SF in June 2005. It had brand new Coker Bias Ply tires at that time. I purchased a 225/75R/14 Radial Whitewall to replace a tire that had seperated on my Desoto from Coker. The only place that had that tire and still had them made was Coker. I have no issue with that tire except its price $216.00. Price is the reason I will be switching to Standard WW Radials. As I understand it back in the day blackwalls were standard and only the landed wealthy such as John Q. could afford Wide Whitewalls.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

that is true.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Dick, "Landed Wealthy.."? Once I look it up on the Internet I will probably like that term...But far from the truth. I trade in my Monthly Food Stamps allowance and Gov't issued Cheeze for the 59 car parts and that is my secret to my immense wealth! :P

I married an Big 8 Accounting (now down to 4 I beleive..) Audit accountant and she keeps a tight rein on me. (Good think too!) :wink:

Ok, I Googled it and if you count my Double Wide as Landed Wealth then yes that is I! :lol:

Remember, Arvada is far from Aspen and Vail...

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/