new car/new member from vancouver eh.

furyman

new car/new member from vancouver eh.

Post by furyman »

just a quick hello,just purchased a 59 fury sport, my first fury but not my first plymouth.(2 road runners,hemi belevere,71 duster).i find as i get older i'm losing my need for speed,so i'm looking forward to getting aquianted with my sport(318),all i need is for a parade.i,m finding that people are drawn to the car like a magnet.after a quick look around this forum i am finding excellent information and am happy to see there is much support for off brands.i enjoy owning something different from usual camaros,mustangs,etc.people seldom see the finned exner cryslers these days!please forgive my forum etiquite as i am new to the whole forum deal.will add a photo when my crappy computer allows it.
thanks in advance and stay tuned for many questions.
Ron Keij

Re: new car/new member from vancouver eh.

Post by Ron Keij »

Welcome to this forum Furyman! I think that your forum etiquette is excellent by introducing yourself 8) We are always glad to help others with their questions and sometimes even with parts.

We also have a website with a showcase and lots of other cool and informative items @ http://www.59plymouth.net . As this website was getting too complicated we started a new website @ http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery/ where we will have all the content from the old website in the future but also the showcase for the new members! If you want your own page to show your car I can make it for you if you can send me some pictures and a short story on yourself and the car. I will send you a PM with my email address.

And again welcome!
Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Welcome aboard Furyman, like your handle, You are right, people love the finned cars, they are the only different car at the usual Chevy, Ford car shows. Lots of nice people at this site. Where and who did you get your Sport Fury and what condition is it in.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Game on Fury man! (Canucks fan?) Glad you have picked up a 59 SF, (The most coveted Belvy models is what most want! :) but a lot settle for the SF trim) There is a lot of knowledable people on this Forum, I am not one of them, but serve as a comic relief for the rabble.... :roll:

We would love to find out more about your car of course. What shape is it in and such. You are a guy like me who also likes the 60' s and 70's Mopar's too. I also gravitated to the 59's Plymouths as I was getting bored of the B and E body cars. They do stand out at a Car Show.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Welcome to the list. I am in the Bremerton, WA area. The Walter P. Chrysler Club in your area is planning a meet for this July, i believe They area great group of people.
furyman

Post by furyman »

thanks for the response guys,i actually traded my 71 duster straight across for the fury.i would call it a mint driver qualiity car with new interior and fresh 6 year old paint,it came out of a barn and had good company.(next to a couple of dodge royals and a mayfair convert.)it does need a little mechanical t.l.c. but nothing major(leaky trans,axle bearing,etc) but does have the original 318 rebuit with only 5000 miles on it.i first job is to get a collector plate on it.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I seem to recall one spied up around the Kamloops area. Is that where you got yours?
furyman

Post by furyman »

no
mine came from a town called aldergrove.
about 20 miles from my house.
it is amazing what stuff is around you when you digg(or get lucky).
however,kamloops is a treasure island of cool cars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Mayfair Convert? :o Go back and get that one too! Quickly!

Sounds like you got a good one there once you freshen it up with some mechanical work. Look forward to seeing it in the near future.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

furyman

Post by furyman »

i will definitly post some pics as soon as i can.i have a small internet gilich,but we shall overcome!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

A Mayfair convertible...how much more unique can you get?! i want it (or at least a picture of it!)
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Lets start a bidding war on the unknown Mayfair Convertible! Whew! Got carried away yet again!

Furyman, (eventually we will know your first name...) Was the Mayfair convert for sale on just part of the sellers collection? Trading an A body Duster for your SF was a great move on your part.

What shape was the Mayfair in? That is if you got a good look at it.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

furyman

Post by furyman »

image of my sport(i hope)!!
IMG_1296.JPG
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I would trade any Duster in a heartbaet for a beauty like this one !! Very nice car 8)
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Welcome!

That is a great car.
Please post more pics.

Needs only 1 stone shield or do you need 2 of them?
Any chance you can PM me the VIN numbers and information from the data plate (if it has a data plate)?
I am working on a database with all 59's in there and I can decode most the data plate
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”