My SF Conv is home Painted and Running,Time for Fun

Mark Evans

My SF Conv is home Painted and Running,Time for Fun

Post by Mark Evans »

After 3 years and lots of help from many members, My Sports Fury is now home ready to start final Assembly here in Snowy Cold Conn.
Special Thanks to Ed Erickson for his Skilled Work and Help answering many questions for parts and building my Great running Golden Commando 361

I will be looking for help during the Final Assy process for Parts and Originally
I am looking for Interior and trim Photos or a Book for Ref. Help. Please advise any ideas
First need is to find the correct orig Copper interior Fabric for the interior.Does anybody have or know of any sources?
Mark Evans

Fury in Snow 1-11.JPG
Austin Healey Conv Top Orig cond 022.jpg
AustimH Resto 1-09 ,Ply ,Shep 033.jpg
Steve Storey

Re: My SF Conv is home Painted and Running,Time for Fun

Post by Steve Storey »

Mark your car looks great. Don't know if you're aware of Original Auto Interiors-810-727-2426. Always wished I'd gone the original route. They have a web at www.originalauto.com-Good luck.
tomf

Post by tomf »

Another good source is SMS in Canby, OR

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

Tom
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

My experience was to do business with both vendors. SMS seems to be the only supplier of BRAND NEW factory-correct fabric, whereas OAI was best for supplying a durable vinyl with the correct embossed grain (if that is important to you).
OAI also sells vintage seat covers.
You will first want to get the fabric, then have the vinyl color matched (it can't happen the other way 'round).
SMS can be aggravatingly slow in actually sending you the fabric, and the salespeople might tell you all sorts of tales, so get your order in ASAP. I've been told that SMS won't start a production run of any particular color until they have a sufficient amount pre-paid and on order.
Make sure you pay with a credit card, in the event you need to apply pressure to get your order shipped.
If you are very lucky, they will have some copper-color fabric in stock. But in all cases, use a credit card.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Mark, Very nice work done on your convert! Keep it up with the pictures as you progress.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/