Carpeting and Floormats: Auto Custom Carpets

There's a vendor for everything! Check out some of the popular ones here
mrtester

Carpeting and Floormats: Auto Custom Carpets

Post by mrtester »

Auto Custom Carpets, based in Anniston AL, is the source for most if not all automotive carpeting vendors in North America and other continents. The quality of their carpeting is considered to be good, and they manufacture carpeting and mats for many types of vehicles of the 1940s to the present. They might not have every style of carpet available, based on reviews from owners of Imperials looking for the heavier cut-pile carpeting to restore their cars with. For a Belvedere or Fury, ACC definitely has carpet available for your car, but I don't know what kind of carprting is used on the Sport Fury. My parents used to have a '59 Savoy with a plain black rubber floor mat, and I believe that ACC has that also.

Auto Custom Carpets has supplied carpeting for all of Cars & Part's restoration project cars, and that magazine was pleased with the results. I have also used their product also, in replacing the front carpet of my 1986 Dodge Aries, and it looks much better than the worn-out original. When ordering, be sure to check the thickness of the carpet, and also the size and thickness of the padding that goes under the carpet. Imperial owners are very particular about these issues during their cars' restorations.

Auto Custom Carpets, Inc.
P. O. Box 1350
1429 Noble Street
Anniston, AL 36201
(800) 352-8216
http://www.accmats.com/
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

u mentioned that they make custom mats, do u know if they will sew lettering to them? i would like to have "plymouth" in the correct script on mine.
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I hope I'm remembering correctly that the Sport Fury used cut-pile carpeting. At first I put loop pile in my car..it didn't look right
Tom Fox could tell you for sure what was used.
There may be folks on this List who have un-restored vehicles..they could verify..