59 Belvey guy checking in

59mystar

59 Belvey guy checking in

Post by 59mystar »

I should have joined this forum a long time ago-I've owned a 59 Belvey 2 dr. ht. since 1990 and it's been on the road since 2000 after a long and painful resto. As you guys know, we (59 Plymouth guys) are small in numbers but huge in dedication.Great to be on a forum that truly gets it.
belvy 1.jpg
rogerh

Re: 59 Belvey guy checking in

Post by rogerh »

Welcome! I hope we can keep your interest. Good looking car...I'm gonna guess you're from the Southeast?
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

I like! I like! Another Belvy! Love that trim level!! Pure and simple! Very Nice car.

Give us some more shots of the motor and the interior.

Glad to have you aboard. As Roger suggested, Could you update your profile with your location. That would help to see if you are near anyone one of us so we can mooch parts off of you. Or just say hey! :D

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
59mystar

Post by 59mystar »

Sure-I'll update my info for sure.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Boy, was MY compass off! Alberta, Canada. I've been hearing more and more of Forwardlook cars north of the border. Who on this List is geographically closest to Alberta, John Q?
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Eh me? Game on! The Province of Alberta is strainght north of Montana and Colorado. And in the Moutain Time zone. But it is long drive for me to get there. It took me 12 hours alone to get to Montana to retrieve my car 6 years ago and a bit more to Calgary and even Edmonton. Though if the Avs's are playing there...it is a hop, skip and a jump to be up there via an airliner!

The picure was taken during the summer time I bet and the pines do look like Sea Pines of the Carolina's. A Canadian Belv'y owner is even cooler!

Our closest US Forum members is Tom Gerrard of Big Sky, Montana. He has a White SF Convertible. But he is quiet on the Forum. We do have a Darryl Gaspardone,in Nanaimo, BC with his 59 Belvy. but that is still distance from Alberta but in the adjacent Province to Alberta. Alberta is huge land area, so we have to fine tune the location of our new member.

Glad again to have you aboard! Are you on the Forward Look site too? I thought I saw a picture of your car on that site...

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your car.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

59mystar

Post by 59mystar »

yes-I've been on FWDLK for almost ten years.There used to be more fin cars up here in Alberta at shows but they've really disappeared.I could win best of class at just about every show I go to and that's not right. I know of 2 others (59s) in Alberta right now-hopefully there are more.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Two more 59 owners in Alberta? Even better! What particular major city are you nearby? Or should I aske if you are a Flames fan or an Oiler fan should do too! :lol:

What motor do you have in your car? 318 poly or the 361B Wedge motor? Tell us what type of options you have and the restoration ordeal you went thru?

Is there any part you still need or wish you could upgrade on?

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

tomf

Post by tomf »

Hey guys, don't forget Don Mack from Medicine Hat, Alberta and his Belvedere hardtop. He had his car down to Portland for the Plymouth National meet in June 2010.

Tom
Denver 59 Fin Convert

My Bad! Yes, Don Mack... I totally overlooked Don and his great car! Sorry Don! :oops:

And as Tom Fox stated, Don does get around to events too with his Belvedere both in and out of Canada.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Jerry,

Welcome aboard! Now send me some pics and a short story about the car so i can make you a page on the Gallery!

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
59mystar

Post by 59mystar »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Two more 59 owners in Alberta? Even better! What particular major city are you nearby? Or should I aske if you are a Flames fan or an Oiler fan should do too! :lol:

What motor do you have in your car? 318 poly or the 361B Wedge motor? Tell us what type of options you have and the restoration ordeal you went thru?

Is there any part you still need or wish you could upgrade on?

John Q.
I'm right between Calgary and Edmonton-used to follow hockey but now I'm one of 4 or 5 people north of the border who doesn't follow the NHL anymore so no problem there.Much more of a CFL football guy... I'm part of the cult known as Saskatchewan Roughriders fans.
Oddly enough, even with the Canadian VIN this car came with a 318, not a 313 poly and that's the original motor that's in it now.As for stuff I need I'm looking for the rear quarter panel inserts on the spear leading back from the door.Mine were compromised with some kind of chrome button things for some reason.
There's other stuff as well but that's the thing that springs to mind.
As for the restoration process, the best way to find out how it went is through this link- http://www.mystarcollectorcar.com/3-the ... rehab.html
I could give the Reader's Digest condensed version but I'm not sure I could tell this story in a paragraph so bear with the length of the story.
59mystar

Post by 59mystar »

Ron Keij wrote:Hi Jerry,

Welcome aboard! Now send me some pics and a short story about the car so i can make you a page on the Gallery!

Ron
hi Ron-I'll do that for sure plus I'll add pictures of the 59 Belvey 2 door sedan that I have as well.