Fury logo on back seat

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Matthew Keij

Fury logo on back seat

Post by Matthew Keij »

Was this original?? When you look good in the 59 Service Manual Supplement on the page which shows all the models you will see the logo there. Was this an option or was it standard on the SF?
I mean this logo:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
JSSuper

Post by JSSuper »

That is correct. That came in the SF. Sweet huh! 8)

Besides the fins and dual antennas, people really get a kick out of the swivel seats and push button transmission. Though the fabric, emblems, (Built Especially For), seat buckles, dash trim, premium wheel, etc. Really help to make the interior so unique.
Cody C.
The prowd owner of a 1959 Iceberg White Sport Fury 318 TqFlt.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Yeah, it's unique. But i think i'd prefer to see the 59 Fury logo there just like it has on the fin. I'd like to have a logo there but i think no one has them or make re-production logo's? Maybe just drop a 59 Fury logo there? We have 4 logo's so maybe when we got the 2 best ones on our car

Post by Guest »

My present car is a convertible so I have no place for that embossed logo.
I dont know where you found that picture, but it doesnt look original to me.
I have an original vinyl piece (from a hardtop) which I will try to photograph and post tomorrow.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I'd love to see this picture of the logo you've got! And if you want to sell it to a hardtop owner I am more than interested.

Ron Keij (Matthew's dad)
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Anonymous wrote:I dont know where you found that picture, but it doesnt look original to me.
That is the logo of Tom Fox his SF. It was the best pic i can find of it
Last edited by Matthew Keij on Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I've seen an original one. It follows the form of Tom's, but it's simply embossed vinyl. Tom's is customized, in the spirit of "The Car Chrysler Should Have Built" and in keeping with the tradition of its Fury predecessors. Check out Tom's amazing homage to the Fury here:

http://www.59sportfury.net/showcase/fox.html

Dan
Fins59

Fury Logo

Post by Fins59 »

I put a "Sport Fury" logo above my back seat. Just attached it to the package tray material (I'm using a thick cloth fabric material for my package tray). I got the Sport Fury logo from Ebay. In fact I got 2 of them. I just installed the other one (last night) on my trunk lid (passenger side) where there was once (I think) a dealer emblem so there were already 2 holes there. I used one hole and had to fill in the other one with JB Weld and a dab of paint and had to drill 3 other holes for the pins. I also drilled 3 holes (1 1/4") in underside of trunk (just like opposite side) for access to these pins. I think these SF logos came from a 63 or 64 Sport Fury so the script styling flows with the Plymouth logo on drivers side of trunk lid. IMHO I think Chrysler did the SF a disservice by not identifying it more as such. As Tom Fox says "make it as Chrysler should have". If I can figure out how, I'll send some pictures.
roberthinds

Post by roberthinds »

Gary Goers provided me with the correct logo embossed into the vinyl package tray. The photo shown is not correct. Send him a sample of the old cover so he can match the color and you will be pleased with what you receive.
Robert Hinds