New to this forum-From Portland Oregon

Clifdavis

New to this forum-From Portland Oregon

Post by Clifdavis »

Hi all. My name is Clif, I reside in Portland, OR. Have been collecting these fin cars for over thirty years. Actually in 1972 when I met my future wife her neighbor had a 1956 Dodge Coronet 4 dr that was low mileage (80k) and near spotless. Drove it to Canada and back a couple of times. Quickly migrated to the beautiful forward look cars, the first of which was a 57 4 dr ht belvedere, yellow with white top and trip. I currently own a 1958 Fury-correct to original condition with a nice restoration ten years ago, great driver just not recent enough resto to be a show winner. Just bought a 1959 Sport Fury that I will be picking up soon and looking forward to owning.

I owned a Black 59 Sport Fury in 1983, had the 361 etc. Nice car except previous owners wife caught him NOT driving the car and broke all the windows out. At the time I purchased it I already owned a 59 2dr HT Belvedere (salmon pink) that was low mileage and near perfect. Thought I would steal windows but could not bring myself to dismantling it. Found side windows and a BLANK glove box emblem (you know the one, this Sport Fury built for...) but could not find Rear and Front Windows-no internet back then. Got broke, sold the 361 to a guy that wanted the engine for his dodge truck and gave the body away. I know, just think what it could have been.

Anyway, as far as swept wing cars I have owned: 2 58 Furys (one a christine) 2 57 Furys (also one was a Christine) these were genuine Furys with the 150 speedo,gold trim, correct paint underneath etc. A couple of 58 Dodges, 1 2dr ht, one 4 dr, a 57 DeSoto Sportsman, a stunning 60 2 HT Windsor (Red, looked alot like the recent Saratoga on Ebay), A couple of 57 and 58 Imperials. A few 392's that have come and gone and so on. Plus a handful of 55-56 mopars and a few dozen late sixties Mopar Muscle cars.
left front.jpg
My New Sport Fury
left front.jpg
My Correct 58 Fury
Matthew Keij

Re: New to this forum-From Portland Oregon

Post by Matthew Keij »

Welcome!

You got some nice rides there.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
big m

Post by big m »

Welcome, Clif!!

You have good taste in cars, or should I say simliar taste to my own, as I own two '57 Furys, and a '58 Fury, and am currently ressurecting a '59 Sport Fury convertible.

Good to see you here!!

---John
In rust we trust!
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Welcome cliff,

I guess its fair to say you are a Moparr Fanatic!

Can you tell us more about the '59 and where it was bought?

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Clifdavis

Post by Clifdavis »

Thanks for the replies. I purchased the 59 from Southern Cal, will be here in a few days I hope. Really excited to get it. Not a show car but the price was fair for the condition. Of course if any one has a 1959 Sport Fury 361 air cleaner....(wishful thinking Iam guessing)
Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

Nice rides. imho any '59 Plymouth is a show car.
I used to have a white one. That's my favorite color for this car. (now don't you go paintin' her red :) )
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

My favorite color for 59's is Dick's Greenie (Emerald Green)
It's great that we all have different opinions!

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Cliff, congrats on your recent 59 purchase and your fleet of Forward Look cars in your stable.

I took some picutres several years ago at the Spring Fling in Van Nuys, California and there was a white 59 SF there. I will check some detail points to see if it might be the same one you picked up. If it is the same it was in super shape!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Well, here is the one that also was from So Cal. but it is not yours. Can't wait to get more info and more pictures of your new 59!

John Q.
102_3105.JPG
Not Cliff's new rider but thought it might have been the same being it was from So Cal also.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

savvy59 wrote:My favorite color for 59's is Dick's Greenie (Emerald Green)
It's great that we all have different opinions!

Curt
For sure on the color opinions. I had a white SF back in the '60's. Always liked that color for this style. Never cared for the bronze color and ironically that's what I have now. Car was repainted by previous owner, but a little lighter bronze so it's not so "brownish". But I gotta just be thankful I found one, regardless of the color. But if you stop and think about it......any color for a '59 is good.
Clifdavis

Post by Clifdavis »

Bought the car in SO CAL. Family was selling and son said it was his Dad's and he was selling it for his mother. Also mentioned he had another 59 Fury (Not a Sport) but would not give me much info. Maybe later on he will as he said eventually he will be putting it up for sale. Will post if this happens. Still waiting on shipping as there was a glitch in getting funds transferred. Thinking about flying down from Portland and driving back. It costs the same to have it shipped so it would be for the experience. Normally a no-brainer for me but I am really busy now and to spend two days on the road would really be stressful. Nice drive though, I have done it a few dozen times.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Good luck on the drive if you do Cliff. Hope you have AAA just in case it acts up. Again, we all can't wait to see more pictures of your new ride.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

big m

Post by big m »

Clifdavis wrote:Bought the car in SO CAL. Family was selling and son said it was his Dad's and he was selling it for his mother. Also mentioned he had another 59 Fury (Not a Sport) but would not give me much info. Maybe later on he will as he said eventually he will be putting it up for sale. Will post if this happens. Still waiting on shipping as there was a glitch in getting funds transferred. Thinking about flying down from Portland and driving back. It costs the same to have it shipped so it would be for the experience. Normally a no-brainer for me but I am really busy now and to spend two days on the road would really be stressful. Nice drive though, I have done it a few dozen times.
If you need a trustworthy and affordable transporter, let me know. Micky at MP carriers just went out of his way for me picking up an engine and parts from Roger in Seattle, and two dead non-running cars in Eugene Oregon. He travels the western states on a regular basis.

---John
In rust we trust!
tomf

Post by tomf »

Had a chance to stop by Clif Davis' home and see his 59 Sport Fury hardtop. It is a very solid, complete running car. The interior is redone correctly in bronze and is excellent shape. Dash pad is very good, just needs to be refastened under the dash strip at the bottom. He has asked about a 361 air cleaner but one came with the car. Will be fun to watch his progress. He said it may not happen too fast, but it will progress.

Tom Fox
P1010301.JPG
P1010302.JPG
P1010303.JPG
P1010304.JPG
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Handsome car!
Clif wrote that he owned a salmon-pink Belvedere 2HT. Did you see that car in his corral? Does he still have it?
I was curious because I had a Bittersweet 2HT which came from the Portland area. It had been in an accident, and the driver's side front fender had been replaced. The Washingtonian teenager who bought it painted it to look like Christine, painted the interior black. That car is now in Florida.