New to the site

ginog01

New to the site

Post by ginog01 »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Gino. I have been a 59 Plymouth Sport Fury fan for a long time. It just so happened that my late father in law had purchaced one back in 59 and still had it 27 yrs ago when I married his daughter. About 14 yrs ago, I had a great conversation with my father in law and proposed a deal to keep the car in the family, he accepted. I have had the car now for 14 yrs and did a few things to get it in shape for some of the upcoming shows. It has been a challange to shine all the chrome and some pitting occured over time, but the car is great looking. It had been in a couple of real serious collisions in its day. The rear end was crushed to the back seat, drunk driver in 1960, he fixed it, then a couple yrs later a driver smashed the left front fender months after him having it repaired. Again, the car was restored and sat in storage until I had been given the car. Now, it sits proudly in my garage where I have been finishing it up for the Carlile show coming in 2010. I just need a couple of things to finish it up, one being the fuel sending unit and a couple of odds and ends. Thanks for the opportunity to be affiliated with the group and hope to meet some of you at the next Carlisle show.

Thanks,
Gino
59 Plymouth Sport Fury
Front Fury.jpg
Fornt Fury
Gino
59 Plymouth Sport Fury
Lancaster, PA
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: New to the site

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Gino, Welcome to the Forum and to the the 59 Plymouth web site, Very nice 59 you have and to have that type of family history is super. That first encouter with a Drunk Driver by your father-in-law sounds Horrific. To be damaged that badly and still wanting to get it repaired is commendable.

Did your Father-in-Law have any pictures of either of the crashes for us to see "how bad was bad" Crushed up to the rear window sounds like it should have been total lost by most Insurance Companies, must have ridden above the frame and just took out the rear clip.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
ginog01

Post by ginog01 »

I remember that there was a picture somewhere, but he passed away a couple of years ago and the step parent thing with my wife is a bit tense, to say the least. The personal dash plaque has his name engraved about the glove box, which adds to the personal touch. That type of personal service has passed a long time ago. My father in law told me [make sure you take care of my baby], funny, he did not say that when I married his daughter> :D . Hope to see you around at the show, and thanks for the response. If I find pic's of the crashes, I will add them.

Gino
59 Plymouth Sport Fury
Lancaster, PA
Gino
59 Plymouth Sport Fury
Lancaster, PA
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Gino-Your car looks great. I'm amazed how these SF's just keep coming out of the woodwork . Great story and hope to meet you in Carlisle next year. Steve