New Member Intro

CharlesE

New Member Intro

Post by CharlesE »

Hi there,

I'm new here so a quick intro is in order.

Name is Charles. Live in Northern CA, near Santa Cruz.

I have a 59 Suburban Deluxe that used to be R Rolands. There's lots of photos of it online (Peterson Museum).

It's pretty but needs some minor work. Most of the online photos are pretty old so the paint isn't quite what it used to be.

I knew when I bought it it would turn heads, I just didn't know how much.

I'll post in the tech room for some help with a few items I need help with. Brake lights, correct mirrors, steering and suspension...

Looks like a great site with lots of great members.

I know I'll have fun here.

Cheers to you all.

Sincerely,

Charles
Faulkner

Re: New Member Intro

Post by Faulkner »

Charles, let me be the first to welcome you! I know this car well -- I have a boatload of pix from when it was for sale. It is indeed a head-turner. Welcome aboard!

You must not be far from John Fowlie (AKA "Big M"), who can, without a doubt, supply every part you need. And if not Big M, then other members of the Forum.

Congrats on your acquisition, and let us know how we can be of help. Thanks for joining!

Dan (AKA "Faulkner")
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Welcome to the forum Charles! You'll find all information you need here and as Dan said you are close to the greatest part source there is.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Wecome! That's a 2 dr wagon, right? Sounds like it is in good hands. We will help you in any way we can. (John Fowlie aka Big M is in Williams, CA, up near Colusa)
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Welcome Charles, you'll find that this site is one of if not the friendliest site and message boards on the net, when i got my 59 Belvedere my knowledge of old Chrysler built cars was very little, but i found everyone here to be very helpful and quick to respond to any questions and "how tos" you may have!

Bob
CharlesE

Post by CharlesE »

Thanks much for the welcomes and the help in the Tech forum.

I can tell already this is a great forum. I'm glad I found it.

As I get to know more about the 59 Plymouths I will also try to contribute what ever a nubie can.

Charles