My 59 plymouth sort fury convertable

rogerh

Re: My 59 plymouth sort fury convertable

Post by rogerh »

Looks great the way it is, however if you want it to appear factory-original, the front valance and wheel rims should be painted Argent, a color still available from Mopar, I believe.
The headlight buckets should be semi-gloss (semi-flat) black.
A guy we haven't heard from lately has been restoring his HT to perfection. Help me out here, Group...the fellow in NJ with the long list of questions? His name eludes me, :? but he is a wealth of information. His last email said he was looking for a vintage dealership ID plate because his painter had forgotten to fill the two little mounting holes in the trunklid, and now he needed somethng to cover the holes...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Ed Eckerson is the name I was trying to remember. I've emailed him requesting an update.
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Found the missing hood script and located the filled in holes. So thats a done deal-it cleaned up pretty good with some "chrome paint". Will keep an eye out for a better script. The "argent silver" rattle cans arrived from eastwood so i'm good to go on that . Thanks Curt for your input. Steve
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Hi Folks- Did manage to fit the stone guards with the skirts. Notice a pair sold for $180 plus on ebay so decided to use them. Painted the head light surround and valances and shipped the front bumper off to Vernes Plating in Ca. They quoted $320 for a good triple plate job. If all goes well will ship my rear bumper out.

Keith and Plym Front 004.JPG
Keith and Plym Front 001.JPG
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Looks a lot better like this!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Got my front bumper back from Verne's Plating in Gardena , Ca. Thought they were very reasonable, but am afraid the UPS charges may put me into foreclosure! I shouldn't kid about that. UPS kept updating my bill. Now if the chrome will just stay put at the car wash. I'll never forget a new J.C. Whitney bumper when I was a kid flaked chrome at the car wash. Anyway, I took all of your sage advice and dressed up the old girl's front end for her 50th. You may want to don sunglasses if this attachment works.
daimler wheel 001.JPG
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Steve Storey wrote:Got my front bumper back from Verne's Plating in Gardena , Ca. Thought they were very reasonable, but am afraid the UPS charges may put me into foreclosure! I shouldn't kid about that. UPS kept updating my bill. Now if the chrome will just stay put at the car wash. I'll never forget a new J.C. Whitney bumper when I was a kid flaked chrome at the car wash. Anyway, I took all of your sage advice and dressed up the old girl's front end for her 50th. You may want to don sunglasses if this attachment works.
forgiv the typow Steve I cnt see my screen too brit

Wow! It looks gorgeous!!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

DAZZLING!