The Lambdin's Road Trip to Carlisle

savvy59

The Lambdin's Road Trip to Carlisle

Post by savvy59 »

The Lambdin's started out from home at 2 PM Friday and arrived just around 4 PM Friday afternoon. The car had severe hesitation about 30 miles outside of Carlisle - no real diagnosis.

Around 6 PM Friday night we tried leaving Carlisle for dinner with everyone but the '59 would not start! One hour later after Dan, Ron K, Matthew K, and Andre looked at the car it was determined to be the fuel pump and bad hose to the pump.

The car spent the night under Dan's Cover on the fairgrounds and everyone above pitched in Saturday morning for three hours replacing the Fuel pump. This time a good old stock pump - no high performance Holley!

Saturday was Hot, Hot , Hot and I suffered the most - yet everyone else spent hours in the sun fixing my car!!!!

Tom and Merle were great folks to talk with and know everything about these old cars. Tom Gave me a new Plymouth script for my front hood as mine said: "PLY" Thanks Tom!

I am sure you will see some more pictures of Carlisle in future days. I am glad we had such a good experience - even after breaking down - and I am still looking forward to next year and meeting even more '59 Plymouth owners. I should mention that my wife drove the car up -Sans A/C with my 5 1/2 year old Daughter - Grace. Grace was a real cruiser as she always drove with Mom in the old hot car rather than with Dad in his A/C van.

Carlisle seemed larger this year to me as show cars lined up all the way down near the campers. I must say It was way too hot for me to do any shopping. Hopefully next year will be cooler.

Thanks again to all the group that helped me out and sorry if I missed anyone.

Regards,

Curt, Jo Ann and Grace
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Faulkner

Re: The Lambdin's Road Trip to Carlisle

Post by Faulkner »

The credit goes to Matthew and Andre for diagnosing and fixing the fuel pump -- but it was a real labor of love. Look at this beautiful car!

It just goes to show: Car people are some of the nicest people you will find, anywhere. So glad you could make it, Curt, Jo Ann and Grace! Hope to see you next year at the 50th Anniversary, if not sooner.

Dan
1.JPG
2.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

savvy59 wrote:Around 6 PM Friday night we tried leaving Carlisle for dinner with everyone but the '59 would not start! One hour later after Dan, Ron K, Matthew K, and Andre looked at the car it was determined to be the fuel pump and bad hose to the pump.

I am sure you will see some more pictures of Carlisle in future days. I am glad we had such a good experience - even after breaking down - and I am still looking forward to next year and meeting even more '59 Plymouth owners. I should mention that my wife drove the car up -Sans A/C with my 5 1/2 year old Daughter - Grace. Grace was a real cruiser as she always drove with Mom in the old hot car rather than with Dad in his A/C van.

Carlisle seemed larger this year to me as show cars lined up all the way down near the campers. I must say It was way too hot for me to do any shopping. Hopefully next year will be cooler.

Thanks again to all the group that helped me out and sorry if I missed anyone.

Regards,

Curt, Jo Ann and Grace
Curt,

All of the credit for fixing the car goes to Matthew and Andre although I know that Dan and me did a great job supervising :)

We are looking forward to next year too and when I spoke my wife on the phone yesterday she told me that she will be there too and hang out with Jo Ann and Grace! And I hope there will be more cars and people at the 50th annyversary (are you reading Ed and Ruth?).

It was great meeting you guys!

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Look, look Curt! Do you realise what you have technically done?
For figuring out the problem and fixing a fuel pump you need to fly inn a Dutch crew of mechanics PLUS supervisor. :evil:

Stefan
(always good for a not requested comment)