cruisin batmobile

batmobile

cruisin batmobile

Post by batmobile »

camera is on the fritz, so no recent pictures as of yet. :?
gas gauge quit functioning, just reads right at full. i will be doing body work as i drive it. it is just an in-town car, don't want to drive it past 40 mph (guessing, my speedo was already broken when i got her 8) ) wheels aren't aligned that well, and all the rubber bushings r shot, but i do have brakes, the proportioning valve was the prob. just tuned her up, and she needed it, can't believe she was running (don't know why everything was wore out, just 20 years old! :D ) speaking of which, damn that flathead is gutless! but she does start when i turn the key, that's worth something.
i have had probs w/ a generator bearing squeek, first i put 30 wt in it. then 30 wt, with LOTS of stp in it and it fixed it. this last time i put more in it, and more, and more :shock: , i looked down and is was running out the bottom of the seal of the front bearing. lol! i put grease in it after that, so far so good. :wink: i will start restoring the the powersteering gearbox later this week. got to take everything one project at a time. --jeremy
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.