new Dutch member

Ron Keij

new Dutch member

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi all,

I have been away for a while because I have been busy, tomorrow I'll open a topic about what kept me busy.

For now I'd like to share some pictures of a friends 59 Belvedere that should be ready soon. He had a lot of work done to the car and now it is at a shop where they are going to build it up again. It is almost complete with lots of NOS parts and the only thing it really needs is the rear window rubber. So if anybody has one or knows where to get one I'd like to hear from you.

The owners name is Hugo Kroes, not a computer guy so I will have to do the posting (and part search) for him.

Ron Keij
59plymouth004.jpg
59plymouth003.jpg
59plymouth001.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

More pictures!
59plymouth005.jpg
59plymouth006.jpg
59plymouth008.jpg
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

And the last pictures for now, in the fututre when I will be able to scan again I will post pics of the resto and how the car looked when he bought it in 1996.

Ron
59plymouth009.jpg
59plymouth010.jpg
59plymouth012.jpg
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Ron,
For the rear window gasket, I suggest you contact member John Fowlie, at Big M Auto. If he has one to sell, maybe we can add it to the trim I have waiting here for you.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Good idea Roger!

John if you have one available you can email me for price and shipping directly at rkeij@chello.nl

Ron
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

That reminds me to a post we had a couple of month ago “outnumbering the US delegation”. Watch out, we come closer.

Welcome to the club Hugo.
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Hi Ron,

I purchased the front windshield rubber from Andy Bermbaum for my car this year and found the quality to be exceptional. He has the rear window rubber new for $95. (note that there are two styles available). Here is the URL: http://www.oldmoparts.com/a.htm

Here is a list of the '59 Plymouth rubber parts avilable:

1957-59 PLYMOUTH
A-319B...Windshield rubber........................................................................ $95.00 /ea.
A-332B...Rear window rubber,8.................................................................. 95.00 /ea.
A-333B...Rear window rubber,9.................................................................. 95.00 /ea.
A-337B...Door weatherstrip, 2-door hardtop,............................................. 35.00 /kit
A-338B...Door weatherstrip, 4-door hardtop............................................. 60.00 /kit
A-339B...Door weatherstrip, convertible..................................................... 35.00/kit
A-340B...Door weatherstrip, 2-door sedan................................................. 42.00 /kit
A-341B...Door weatherstrip, 4-door sedan................................................ 74.50 /kit
A-360......Window sweeper, 8 ft. length,5.................................................... 26.00 /ea.
A-361......Window channel, 8 ft. length,6...................................................... 28.00 /ea.
A-362......Chrome beaded window sweeper, 8 ft. length,5............................ 27.00 /ea.
A-362A...Window sweeper clips................................................................. 0.50 /ea.
A-363......Chrome beaded window channel, 8 ft. length,6............................. 29.00 /ea.
A-364......Window guide, rear of vent window,7.......................................... 12.50 /ea.
A-364R...Window guide, rear of door,7...................................................... 12.50 /ea.
A-383......Trunk weatherstrip....................................................................... 39.50 /ea.
A-401A...Roofrail weatherstrip, 2-door hardtop.......................................... 99.00 /set
A-401B...Roofrail weatherstrip, 4-door hardtop.......................................... 99.00 /set
A-401C...Roofrail weatherstrip, convertible................................................. 99.00 /set
A-416......Convertible top header rubber, 2 piece set.................................. 39.50 /set
A-436......Quarter window divider rubber,7.................................................. 32.50 /pr.
A-453......Rubber cowl to hood seal............................................................ 19.50 /ea.
5Sedan, hardtop and convertible. 6Sedan only.
7Hardtop and convertible. 8Has interior metal screw-on garnish moulding.
9Has large rubber lip on inside.

Don't forget to check out the rest of his inventory for 59 Plymouths.

Happy Hunting,
Curt in Mmaryland, USA
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Excellent post, Curt! I wonder where he gets these items..I thought onlyGary Goers was re-manufacturing urethane stuff.
Originally, the roofrail w/s was flocked (little "hairs" coating the rubber..this made the window glass slide smoothly into place. I installed Goers (un-flocked) w/s on the convertible; now the windows don't like to roll all the way up...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Excellent post, Curt! I wonder where he gets these items..I thought onlyGary Goers was re-manufacturing urethane stuff.
Originally, the roofrail w/s was flocked (little "hairs" coating the rubber..this made the window glass slide smoothly into place. I installed Goers (un-flocked) w/s on the convertible; now the windows don't like to roll all the way up...
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Thanks for the Thumbs-Up,

I heard from a person at http://www.restorationspecialties.com that they may have made the rubber windshield and rear rubber for Andy Bernbaum. They make many rubber parts themselves on their own equipment (extrusions???)

By the way, Restoration Specialties came through for Stefan with the '59 Plymouth rocker moulding clips (after I sent a picture to them). They were very reasonable also ($4 each or so and shipped to Stefan for less than $5 Total). Just in case anyone has a need for these - Gary Goers no longer has these in stock.

They also carry almost all moulding clips for our 59's.

Happy Shopping!

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
rogerh

Re: new Dutch member

Post by rogerh »

Has Hugo gotten his car all back together?
ANd, straying a little from the topic, Ron, send us a pictue of Matthew's SF, squirreled away in the depths of your new garage. Just so we know it still exists.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hey Roger,

Hugo's car is about 99% finished and next Sunday we will be at a car show together! That is if the weather will be nice (dry) enough to drive. He has been driving his car around the block a couple of times now and he feels he is ready to drive longer distances. If we both make it there I will make pics and share them on this forum.

Matthew's car is still in storage, we need to unpack some stuff that is in our garage to make room for it. We had hoped it would be here sooner but when Matthew got sick we had to adjust the plans. I will post pictures the day he gets the car here!

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Sorry guys, no pics because we didn't make it to the show :x Since last weekend I have been having a lot of pain in my back and I thought that driving 2 1/2 hours to the show wouldn't make me feel better. But next weekend we have another chance to meet at the last car show of the season. And no matter how bad it hurts, I'll be there.

Ron