repaint!

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
rogerh

Re: repaint!

Post by rogerh »

..and TOTALLY worth all your efforts!
(It will be white over red again, yes?)
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

It'll be totally worth all our efforts. And even nowI don't know the total price yet I think that it will also be worth the amount of money i invest in it :)

The colour scheme will be exactly the same as it was. We have thought about painting it the origional iceberg white but I do like the red too much for that. It will get another option after my trip to Philly this summer, a pair of newly rechrromed bumper wings are waiting for me 8)

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Oh yes, from the Texas a/c car. You will be very happy with them..they add a lot to the overalll appearance.
Are you set for trim? you had one damaged insert and something else?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ohmigosh, Ron, it looks like it got snatched from the factory floor. I can't wait to see more pix! I swear I saw those bumper wings in the basement twitching...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I notice you are not painting the firewall at this time. Hopefully the new red paint won't clash with the existing red paint?
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Ron, Looks great! The panel replacement work was masterful! Truely craftsman at work! Teh car comes together well with a uniform Base coat of Primer on it! Looks like you will be in paint before my convert is done. We finished the 2nd block sanding on mine on Friday night and hopefully Saturday we put some turquoise on my 59.
I have the 413 RB done and am detailing it now, This 413 has AC on it so the brackets are all mixed up! Alternator on the Drivers side and AC on the passengers side. It was a 1960 413RB out of a New Yorker. I am keeping the AC to have an underdash delivery of Cool air.
Keep the pictures coming of yours! I need to hustle to get mine done before you get here in June! :D

John
59.jpg
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Maybe you posted this info earlier, and I missed it. This is the first I've heard you are putting in a 413 and painting your car turquoise!
Is this a factory '59 Plymouth color you have chosen, or something else?
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Hey, Roger, My car did not come with a motor in it when I go the car in Montana, My friend here in Denver area, who has a 61 300G, had a spare rebuildable 413 that he taken out of his sisters 60 New Yorker back in the early 90's. The car had only 85K on the odometer but the motor had sat so long the oil went to solid sludge. So time to rebuild!

I dropped the motor off after breaking it down last summer and had it bore .040 (it only needed .010) but I got a deal on some .040 pistons, so we did it to that size, Crank needed only polishing, Heads were good but put unleaded seats in the valves after boiling them out, Motor was assembled at the machine shop and was painted a bronze color with black valve covers, I am running a 4 bbl carter on it with the 1960 cast Iron TF that it had originally come with (the 413 that is). I will post a picture of the motor in day or so.

My wife and I were going to paint it a 57 Dodge Le Feme Pink. (her choice) But after painting the dash frame for a trial look (looked like Bubble gum) we went with the 1959 Turquoise Duco 4021,(Dulux #93-83832/ Chrysler part number 3261-ES) that was available for Plymouth's in 1959. According to this Du Pont chart I have from 1959, this particular shade was for Plymouth only but I'm sure a special order request could be had on any model car. The Duco shade 4021 could be had for Chrysler's but it is slightly different pigmentation from the Duco 4021. What do you think of the color?

I have not seen any other Turquiose 59 Converts so I thought it would stand out on my Belvedere. I hope I am right! I am to buy the paint this week and hope it looks good!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Though you can barley see the dash frame in my convert, in the drivers seat,it has has the Turquiose paint on it but is a poor picture. I will get my body.paint man to take a better picture of the color choosen. Hopefully the color is pleasing to all...

John Q
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

well, I am probably putting my foot in my mouth, but isn't Tom Fox's Belv cvt done in Seafoam Green, a sort of turquoise? (I dont have the color chips at hand, so forgive me Tom if I accidentally insulted your car)
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Okay, I found teh color chips...Tom's car is either Turquoise or Mint Green.
John, if you hoped to post a pic of the turquoise on your car, I don't see it...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I have a family wedding to attend in Crested Butte on Aug 1. My daughter and I will be traveling together. I am looking at flying into Denver, meeting up with a sister, renting a car and driving the 4 hrs to Crested Butte. I have to decide whether to fly in on July 29 or 30. I do want to coordinate with sister so as to share the cost of rental car. The crunch part is hotel rooms...we have booked in CB for jul 30-aug 2. That is all I have at the moment
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

John - Take a look at my Emerald Green 59 SF in the showcase. Is your tourquois the same.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I currently have a 361 engine and tranny from a 1961 WIndsor powering my car. As I recall it went in okay, the only minor differences were in parking brake cable connection and TF cable connection. I suspect you will find a similar situation.
Sounds like you may have to monkey with the wiring harness under the hood as well, since some components are "flopped", due to a/c.
tomf

Post by tomf »

Hi Guys,

My Belvedere convertible is indeed Mint Green

Tom