59's for sale on the internet

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Faulkner

Re: 59's for sale on the internet

Post by Faulkner »

Ross Roy was the advertising agency hired by Chrysler to promote their products, starting in the '30s, I think. They initially produced brochures, but then full-fledged data books used to educate salesmen, as well as used by salesmen to persuade the buyer. I have bits and pieces of the '59 Plymouth Ross Roy book, but I think Ron has the full set. Lots of great stuff in those pages!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Well, we have effectively hijacked this thread from Matthew..!
From the Ross Roy books I've learned (or re-learned):
-Two-tone paint was an option
-The manual transmission WAS available with 361
-Swivel seats were NOT available in Belvedere cvts
-The orange and brown interior scheme was available in Furys and Sport
Suburbans, which makes Dick's Belvedere cvt data plate tag wrong??

P.S. Ron, pp. 93-98 need to be rotated. :wink:
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Ross Roy Inc.was the main Chrysler advertising company that marketed the cars thru radio, TV and print ads. They held the Chyrsler contract for many years thru the early 70's All the auto shows were put on by Ross Roy Inc. New product launchs etc. Forward Look promotion was orchestrated by Ross Roy on behalf of Chrysler.

They also were responsible for Dealer sales and technical Mechanical training. As evident by the films strips we see on the 59 Forum from Ron, is an example of their AV production work.

I interviewed for a job with them after college and also with a company called Campbell- Ewald who had the Chevrolet account for many years.

Sadly, I did not get hired on with them. My adult film career failed too! (short story... :lol: ) :oops:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

rogerh wrote: P.S. Ron, pp. 93-98 need to be rotated. :wink:
Roger,

Thanks for letting me know, I just replaced the files with the rotated versions. There will be some more pages soon, maybe this afternoon and if I don't feel like it today I will finish the Ross Roy book next weekend. And then there is a lot more for me to scan as I have lots more in the stash where this came from.

Stay tuned...

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

with your Fury-ous contributions, and Matthew's cvt and VIN research, this site is getting more new information than ever before!
warrenhowell

Post by warrenhowell »

Warren H. in Houston with 59 Spt Fry Conv. still looking for a 361 "395" Golden Commando Air Cleaner for my car. Please post or email me warren@regnerandhowell.com any condition will do. Thanks