repaint!

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
Ron Keij

Re: repaint!

Post by Ron Keij »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Ron, super pictures to watch of your restoration tear down, I have bunch on my Belvedere Convert restoration if people are interested in other journeys....maybe when I am done in a month or two.
I do have a copy of the Original Plymouth/Dodge dual antennae template to be used for the location of the dual antennae's, I could scan it and email it to you, I don't know if the scanning would reduce the scale of the template. I could put some Inch/Centimeter scale on it just in case. Or I can just mail it to you, your choice.
If anyone else wants a copy let me know. :D
John
Denver 59 Fin Convert
Arvada, Colo
John,

You've got a PM. Thanks for the compliments on the restoration pictures, but most of the credits have to go to Matthew. He did most of the work and also made most of the pictures. And of course we will have an update this weekend as we are bringing the car to the body shop Saturday. The weather is supposed to be pretty good for this time of the year, dry and cold (between 34 and 44 degrees F). Matthew will drive the car with no windows except for the windshield and he says it is no big deal. He will give an update a week later when he is defrosted :lol:
We will make a lot of pictures but it is looking pretty sad now that all the chrome is in storage.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote:Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Dan
And of course a Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the US!

We don't have a Thanksgiving day here but I still remember our early Thanksgiving diner last year with Dan and his wife.

Ron
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Guys, Here is the template I was talking about. I measured the 1st generation copy I have of the original light cardboard template and measured the 1/4 inch hole with a ruler and found that my copy did not lose any reduction in Size being copied. If anyone where to print this out at home the guestimate would be maybe a 1/32 to 1/16 inch reduction. If your reduction is greater, then take it to a good copier and enlage a few percents if need be.

I also compared this template to a aftermaket set of Dual antennae base and found that the to use a aftermaket set, use the forward hole as the prime location of the bases and then adjust for the 2nd hole of your aftermarket set. If you have an orignal set, then you are good to go!

Hope this all works out well for all. I will send out via Mail individual templates to all who need this. (Ron and Dan) If you want a me to send to you via mail, send me a email with your name and address and I will send them out free to all. My email address is : KatieJack@aol.com

I hope I attached the right file...

John Quinn
Denver 59 Fin Convert
Arvada, Colo
dualAnten.pdf.pdf
Dual Antennae template 57-59 PLY-DGE
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Cool! Thanks John. I'm to Chicago on business Saturday, returning Wednesday -- hopefully it will be here when I get home.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Dan, I emailed you and Ron K. your own copy of the template as a pdf. Hopefully you will get one of the two. I mailed a copy to you too, Look for it next week.
I will email others if you let me know...

John Q.
Denver 59 Fin Convert
Arvada, Colo
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

John, I just printed your pdf -- the hole is exactly .25"! No touch up on my part is necessary. Job well done! I'm sure this will benefit a lot of members -- thank you very much.

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote: And of course a Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the US!

We don't have a Thanksgiving day here but I still remember our early Thanksgiving diner last year with Dan and his wife.

Ron
It was memorable, Ron -- I hope we can do it again someday.

I'm still recovering from yesteday's engorgement. Great food, great times with family!

I'm dropping off the radar for a few days; keep the spammers away, folks! Back on Wednesday...

Dan
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Here are some more pics from today :wink: More pics tomorrow!!!

28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

John,

also from Portugal a big thank you for the template - now, all I need is courage to cut the fender !

Ron and Matthew,

you have some work to do, but it doesn't look too bad. Hope you'll finish next year.

Stefan
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

We did our job today!!!

32.jpg
Getting the car out of the garage
33.jpg
34.jpg
On my way to the shop!
35.jpg
The car is going into the shop
36.jpg
37.jpg
First things were the license plate, trunk and the tail lights
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg
The front also had some minor work done!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Hi Ron, Certainly have enjoyed your resto saga and wish you best of luck as it evolves. Hats off to Dan for his founding this great website and keeping it going. Steve
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I think you said the former owner screwed the trunklip stainless to the trunklid.
Remind your bodyman to fill those "extra" holes, leaving the originals!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Steve Storey wrote:Hi Ron, Certainly have enjoyed your resto saga and wish you best of luck as it evolves. Hats off to Dan for his founding this great website and keeping it going. Steve
Hi Steve,

Glad you like it! The story will go on for a while, the car will sit for two days and then the body guy will start working on it Wednesday. We try to check the progress every day and post pics whenever we have them.

And I couldn't agree more, hats off to Dan :!:

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

rogerh wrote:I think you said the former owner screwed the trunklip stainless to the trunklid.
Remind your bodyman to fill those "extra" holes, leaving the originals!
That is not an issue, look at the picture where we drive behind Matthew. We have a "new" trunk lid on the car 8) It has been in storage for a couple of years since the trunk lid was the worst part of the car I had been looking for a replacement since we owned the car. Then two years ago Tony DiCenso found a parts car with a rust free trunk lid that he sold to more for a great price. Shipping was more expensive than the parts he sold me.

Ron
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Hi Ron and All,

Ron how many minutes are you from the shop? You must be close considering you can check on the progress each day.

Keep the pictures coming this way. I am sorry I don't have any parts left to contribute to your rebuild.

How was Matthew's chilly ride? Did he have heat in the car?

Good Luck - see you in about 7 months!

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!