Anyone ever buy from "classicparts4u"

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Zeus

Anyone ever buy from "classicparts4u"

Post by Zeus »

classicparts4u has new front floor pans that I could definitely use in the near future but I was wondering if anyone has had any bad experience with them... Their history is far from perfect but hey....
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
BHWINC

Post by BHWINC »

I bought some 56 Merc panels from them 3 years or so ago. They were good heavy 50's-60's era heavy panels, not the cheap asian import parts that flood the market today.. The shipping was a bit slow but other than than , everything was as expected....
From what I have heard from others, be sure they have the parts in stock. If they say they can get them for you, Pass on them..
Stuck In The Past and,,,,,, Trying Like Hell To Stay There!

www.BHWINCVintageAutoParts.com
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear it as I'm having trouble finding these pans...
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
matty

Post by matty »

I bought 2 rocker pannels earlier this month from them i am in the uk so it may take a coutple more weeks untill i recive them, i will give you an idea of the quality when i see them :D
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Thanks Matty... Hope it works out for you. It's a shame we all have to worry about credibility everywhere we turn now. Whatever happened to honesty and honour??!!! Good luck and Cheers!
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
matty

Post by matty »

Got them rocker pannels yesterday,they seem ok decent guage steel, although i have not attempted to fit them as yet.
The rolling seems a bit rushed although i dare say they will fit with a little bit of messing around.
I would buy from him again although he does not communicate much.
Looks like youve got your work cut out with that plymouth of yours, wont you be needing some inner rocker pannels for the floor to weld to? :D
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Well, amazingly the inners are pretty good. The only part that rusted thru (I think from water getting inside and "puddling" at the seat mount) is where the back of the front seat bolts in on the driver side. Haven't pulled the seats yet so might be more damage than I "hope". Thanks for the update on the ebay seller! Glad it's looking good for you!
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy