The Forum is back -- sort of

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

The Forum is back -- sort of

Post by Faulkner »

Well, I've upgraded the bulletin board software so that the exploit that corrupted it, can't happen again. However -- there's definitely flakiness going on with attachments. I think this was going on, before the site got hijacked. New attached images only partially display when you click on the icon;...

OK, this is fixed!
...and some old posts with attachments are showing the whole image, instead of the icon. There's other funny business too..
OK, so this isn't fixed yet. But I'm the world's slowest webmaster, doncha forget! Stay tuned...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Re: The Forum is back -- sort of

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote:...and some old posts with attachments are showing the whole image, instead of the icon. There's other funny business too...

OK, so this isn't fixed yet. But I'm the world's slowest webmaster, doncha forget! Stay tuned...
OK, I've been corresponding with "Acyd Burn", the author of the attachment modification to the bulletin board. He's told me something about the structure of tables in the database; I might be able to repair the database directly -- or, failing that, at least identify damaged posts now. If I use the latter method, I'll need to go to each damaged post, remove and reattach the images. That means you might see old posts appear as new ones! Well...

I guess that's one way to get activity to pick up! :lol:

At any rate, this is just a heads up. If I find some time over the weekend, I'll probably start working on it. I justed wanted folks to know, in case they notice old posts popping up again.

Dan
Faulkner

Re: The Forum is back -- sort of

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote:and some old posts with attachments are showing the whole image, instead of the icon. There's other funny business too...

Fixed! over 300 attachments, all fixed -- I think. If you find any monkey business -- the same image, twice, is the manifestion -- please let me know. But I think the repairs are largely complete.

Enjoy!

Dan
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Yeah seems ok now,least i can log into it again!!

Bob