Fifteen Years of 59plymouth.net

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Fifteen Years of 59plymouth.net

Post by Faulkner »

Folks, check out this post, fifteen years ago on March 7...

Fifteen Years, and still going strong. Could be stronger! But to quote Monty Python:

im-not-dead-yet.jpg

Thanks for being a member. And let's hope for another great Fifteen Years, with better things yet to come!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
WDJ40

Re: Fifteen Years of 59plymouth.net

Post by WDJ40 »

Congratulations on 15 years of news, technical information, personal diaries and historical Plymouth stories.
A lot of quality information on one site. A lot of time and commitment. A lot of hard work and contributions by all.

I would like to see the next 15 years integrate new members and new owners of these wonderful cars. Time moves on. The Showcase has many cars that have been sold to new owners over the past 15 years, including my personal 1959 Sport Fury. I am sure there are interesting stories, adventures, car shows, Plymouth issues, car problems, car fixes, car information and car escapades that would be entertaining to share.

Here is to another 15 good years!
'Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway'
Looking for adventure' In whatever comes our way'

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

WDJ40 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:46 pm The Showcase has many cars that have been sold to new owners over the past 15 years, including my personal 1959 Sport Fury.
Larry, that's news! Who's the new owner, does he or she know about the site? I hope you will encourage them to join. And to post pix!

Yes, the site is seriously in arrears, but there's life left yet. I hope that when I go part time later this year, I can pick up the pace of improvement a bit. Thanks for the good wishes!

Dan
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Thanks Dan for all you do and all you have done !!! Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
WDJ40

Post by WDJ40 »

Hi Dan,

Oh ... I still own my 1959 Sport Fury... I have not been active on the site that much last year ... I will keep my Plymouth until I pass away... I have her back on the road again. New brake shoes and brake cylinders all around... I had a right rear axle oil leak that I had to repair. I had some Gremlins in the horn circuit and rear brake lights . All that has been repaired.

Here is a photo of my car in our small town Memorial Day Parade.

Thanks for running the website and I hope to see some beautiful cars the at Carlisle 60th anniversary Chrysler Nationals.
1959 Plymouth Sport Fury Memorial Day.jpg

big m

Post by big m »

Keep up the good work, Dan!!
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

WDJ40 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:55 am Thanks for running the website and I hope to see some beautiful cars the at Carlisle 60th anniversary Chrysler Nationals.
Thanks, Larry! Any chance we'll see your beautiful Sport Fury at Chrysler Nationals? :D

And by the way - congratulations on today's flip on the Odometer of Life!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Mark Merritt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:28 pm Thanks Dan for all you do and all you have done !!! Mark
big m wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:20 am Keep up the good work, Dan!!
Thanks, Guys! :D
WDJ40

Post by WDJ40 »

Dan,

"Thanks, Larry! Any chance we'll see your beautiful Sport Fury at Chrysler Nationals? :D"

Unless I am able to borrow a enclosed car trailer from one of my Car Club buddies I will most likely drive down in my daily driver.

It is a 420 mile drive ... about 7 hours 30 minutes for me... I don't mind driving that far and long, my 1959 Plymouth will make the drive... I just don't like the traffic on the Cross Bronx Expressway, New York Turnpike, Queens, New York, New Jersey Turnpike, Garden State Highway... last time I drove a 1969 Pontiac through there I almost got killed.