Faulkner

Re: The untouchable Sport Fury

Post by Faulkner »

Sweeeeeeet! More power to you! :lol:
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Hahaha! Thanks Dan, I just hope they are salvageable and the right ones for my Plymouth, I was told they came out of a 59 2drHT but I cant confirm. My dad said they need a good cleaning but are in good shape other than dirty. The motors turn by hand and are not locked up or rusted up, So hopefully that's a good sign :D :D :D
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Will, as long as the rotor and stator windings aren't shorted, there shouldn't be anything to prevent you from getting these in working order. Here's a post about my adventure with a recalcitrant rear window motor, it had a happy ending!
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Dan, that is a great post. I have read it over and over several times in my quest for power window knowledge. I know I have my work cut out for me. I am sure I will need to seek your guidance and expertise on these when the time comes. This will be the first car I have ever owned (besides my little Oki car) to have power windows!
william0431

Post by william0431 »

My quest for parts continues and today was a good find, I saw a 1975 Plymouth Fury posted on San Diego Craigslist a few days ago and after talking to my buddy who is renting my house while I am gone he agreed to go pick it up for me and pull the parts I wanted out and he is gonna keep / scrap the rest. for a couple hundred bucks I got a 49k mile 400 with 727 and a 9 1/4 rear end. Car is in beautiful shape and my buddy sent me a bunch of videos of it running and driving it on the freeway. Perfect oil pressure, compression, shifts great and no over heating issues even the A/C blows cold.

Next spring I am going to schedule some leave to get home for two weeks and pull the tired old poly and P-flite out of the Savoy and swap in this drive train and maybe get the brakes swapped over for disks if I have time. Then after that its going to another buddy's shop to get re wired any other little stuff I didn't get to. And maybe if she is ready and If I get the timing of my move back to the States right we can make the trek out to Carlisle for the 60th :mrgreen: BUT just bare in mind she is gonna be ratty and far from "Show worthy".... so we might have to park in the back hahah.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

william0431 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:41 am ... And maybe if she is ready and If I get the timing of my move back to the States right we can make the trek out to Carlisle for the 60th :mrgreen: BUT just bare in mind she is gonna be ratty and far from "Show worthy".... so we might have to park in the back hahah.
Will! Trailer it! You don't need no stinkin' engine :P We'll push it to the front row and slap one of these on it!! (Srsly, I'm looking into getting these reproduced - will publish details when I know more.)
william0431

Post by william0431 »

OMG Dan that banner is awesome!!!! if you do get them reproduced let me know and ill take two :mrgreen: !
william0431

Post by william0431 »

49k original miles... I almost feel bad about this :cry: but her heart will live on in my 59 <3 and it's only appropriate that it's comming from a Plymouth Gran Fury.
received_2113792488884627.jpeg
Super clean for a 75!
received_2707842589439947.jpeg
400 smog motor with a 2barrel but cam, heads and intake will wake this B block up :D
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Screenshot_20181001-104518.png
And it's out! My buddy made quick work of it!
received_324948081612972.jpeg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Sweeeeeet! What happens to the carcass, Will?
william0431

Post by william0431 »

I'm getting all the running gear and few dozen odds n ends, anther buddy wants the front clip the rest of the cars getting parted out on a couple fb forums then what ever is left (won't be much) is going to scrap. I feel bad killing a good car but so it goes. Guy had it for sale for months with no takers
william0431

Post by william0431 »

So my wife and I are in Tokyo for Christmas and on the flight we were discussing the Savoy project and my wife has named him Sid. After Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols and I really think it fits. He's got that kinda punk rock feel.

I have been in email contact with the monitor at HQMC)(they are the manpower management section) and one of option on the list of next duty stations he's giving me is the USS Iwo Jima, home ported out of Mayport FL. dick, we might become neighbors! I think Mayport is just up the road from Palm Beach 8)
william0431

Post by william0431 »

So, BIG NEWS in the Walker house hold. After 3 years over seas we have orders state side 8) This June i will be reporting in to the USS Iwo Jima, Home Ported out of Mayport FL (just out side Jacksonville Fl). This is AWESOME news! As much as i enjoy the weather and car culture of SoCal its WAY WAY WAY to damn liberal. So I am happy to be going to FL! Realestate is much more reasonable, Gun laws are much more friendly and taxes are half the cost! Florida here we come!

Now the real question.... Which car do I bring out of storage and take with me????? I have all my cars stored at my house in CA. I have my truck in Govt storage that will get shipped there to meet us when we arrive, so that will be my daily driver.

I plan on loading up a Uhaul and renting a trailer to bring one car from CA for a project to work on while I am in FL. So do I bring the SF and start a full resto? Bring the Savoy and build a daily driver out of it? Bring the 69 Charger?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

william0431 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:05 am So do I bring the SF and start a full resto? Bring the Savoy and build a daily driver out of it? Bring the 69 Charger?
[/soapbox up]

OK - My $0.02. While it is the 50th Anniversary for your '69 Charger - it is the 60th for your '59's. I say, 60 trumps 50! :P What are the prospects that you'll fully restore the SF before Carlisle? If you work on the Savoy, it won't matter much what condition it's in, as long as it's driveable (like Martha). Hell, we can slap a "The NEW '59 PLYMOUTH IS HERE" banner on it! :lol:

FREE SID!

FREE SID!

FREE SID!!!!

[/soapbox down]
william0431

Post by william0431 »

HAhahahaah! I agree. I bought the Savoy (aka Sid) to be a down dirty fun driver that I can put together with the bits and parts I have and not worry about "factory correct-ness" and just make it a road trip car, grocery-git'er, and occasional Daily driver.

Now for the less fun news I have operational commitments in a couple Unit exercises between now and Carlisle. So I will not be able to take much leave between now and then. We WILL be at Carlisle but chances of any of the cars making it is not looking good. So we will fly in and fly out.

Speaking of Carlisle,the day before or after the show Matthew and I are gonna break away and spend an hour or two go Kart racing. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: any other members wanna join in the grudge race of the century :lol: :mrgreen: