Carlisle 2019!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2019!

Post by Faulkner »

Yup! All 5 reservations are for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. I have the confirmation emails, will send to each of you separately. Just let me know 72 hours in advance if, for any reason, you need to cancel one or more days.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

OK, just registered for Carlisle. We are excited about going and meeting all you guys in person. Dan, keep me posted on what, when, and where. I pray there are no snags.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Will do, Dick! When you registered, you chose 59PLYMOUTH.NET as your club, rite?
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Rite!
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:05 pm When I'm done, I'll post a "Scalable Vector Graphics" (.svg) file and a pdf version for the banner, which you can download to a usb stick and take or email to a printer - and you can make your own banner. The original was fabric, that's how I'll make mine too.
I finally got around to fixing the banner! I went with pdf - I've uploaded the file here, if you want to download and get your own made (overall dimensions should be 41" wide by 11.5" tall):

banner.pdf

I uploaded to "signs.com", I should receive this week. It will be made of polyester cloth. I had to adjust the edges a bit on their website, so if instead of finding your own sign maker, I've asked the company for order information for our club. If I'm pleased with the result, I'll be able to share the info with you and you won't have to fuss with the pdf. It was 30 bucks plus shipping, a total of 42 bucks.

signs.JPG

I'll post more information about the straps after I figure out a good source for these.
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Looks great!!!! I cant wait to see the completed project! I will for sure order one! For that price I might order 2 :mrgreen: ! seems like a pretty good deal!
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Yes! I want one too :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Forward Look Frank

Post by Forward Look Frank »

I'd be interested in two as well! Keep me posted!
Forward Look Frank Worsham
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hello Frank! Good to see you here. Mine should arrive tomorrow, I'll put on the windshield and let everyone have a good look.

I've also ordered yards of 1" poly strapping. I'm happy to share with folks, but it will need to be cut and sewn to the banners. If there's enough interest, I'll buy banners, take to a seamstress and have them stitched on. My cost will be your cost. And if I buy a bunch of banners, the cost per banner will be cheaper. An exclusive offer for those coming to Carlisle! All others will have to call signs.com and order from my order number.

See you in Carlisle!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Finally, the banner arrived. But, I'm disappointed. The hem stitching is too obvious - and, they did not account for the dimensions, before they hemmed. They subtracted the hem from the dimensions I had supplied.

I will get this addressed, before I recommend anyone buy banners. But, so close! And, so cool, to see on Faulkner's windshield:

IMG_8881.jpg
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

That is awesome!!!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 pm
I did! Here's the roll call so far for a room at the '59 Plymouth Motel:

Matthew (&Ron?)

Well, you out there! You're reading this. Why aren't you on the list?!?!
I haven't made up my mind yet, I want to come but don't know if I can. Marjo needs surgery, a hip replacemnt and possibly another hernia operation and I need to be home for her at least the week after surgery. But we have no time frame yet, she will go for an examination on February 20th and we hope to know more within a few weeks. If I can get away I will be there!!

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

LOVE the banners Dan!!!!!
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hi Ron, thanks!!

Here’s hoping Marjo gets her surgery scheduled soon, has a positive outcome and is up and about quickly. Quickly enough, perhaps, that you can make Carlisle! :D But above all else, that she begins to experience relief from pain soon.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:49 pm Finally, the banner arrived. But, I'm disappointed. The hem stitching is too obvious - and, they did not account for the dimensions, before they hemmed. They subtracted the hem from the dimensions I had supplied.

I will get this addressed, before I recommend anyone buy banners. But, so close!
The new banner came today! No hems - I had bought some "No Fray" to apply to the edges on the back, but whatever they did in cutting it looks like they fused the fibers, so it can't fray. It came out beautifully!

IMG_8996.jpg
IMG_8998.jpg

I don't want to get into the mail order business, but if you are coming to Carlisle and want one, let me know and I'll place an order for a bunch. It will be 30 bucks, plus your fraction of the shipping (they charged me 12 bucks for a single banner; it can't be much more for a bunch, they are so lightweight). I'll also throw in free straps - I've got 75 yards of the stuff - but I won't know until I take them to a seamstress how much it will be to sew onto the banner and sew the ends. So if you're in, you're in - you can square up with me at Carlisle.

For anyone not going to Carlisle, but wanting a banner, contact me and I will let you know how to order one on your own (and you can get your own straps).

How many days now, Matthew?!? Gary you coming?