Next Project

Your banter here!
Mark Merritt

Next Project

Post by Mark Merritt »

Next up is my 1955 Ferguson TO 35. Rebuilt the motor and put in A clutch about 10 yrs. ago but always thought it could stand A paint job and spruce up. Very good sheet metal and all original, it deserves it. It will keep me busy this winter out in the garage. I will post some pics from time to time. Anyone ever done A tractor ? Mark
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Re: Next Project

Post by Faulkner »

OMG, that's so cool, Mark! How do you put 37K miles on a tractor?!? That's a lot of furrows...
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan: On the "tractometer" tach. those are hours the engine has ran. It is used for maint. schedule. It is low low it's age. Engine rebuild can happen at around 5,000 hours, I heard of one that got 9,000 hrs before A rebuild. It depends how it is taken care of.I've had this one about 10 years I bought it from A fellow up the road. It was bought new by A fellow that only lived about A half mile from me. He bought 2 of them identical to do his grape farm,I heard the other caught fire or was in A fire shortly after it was purchased, so it has always been around the neighborhood now it is mine. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Going , going, gone. Way easier than doing A car. Mark
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

A frame off resto!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

The Elephant keeps getting bit !!!!!!! Mark
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Sweeeet! Did you do that with a rattle can, Mark, or do you have a spray gun? It looks great.

...and apparently, you got a new camera for Christmas :D The pictures are nice and large.

Dan
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Still picking away, gives me something to do in the winter months. Good therapy!!! Dan the chassis is rustoleum brush painted thinned with mineral spirits. Dark hunter green I also have aerosol for hard to get spots and touch up. It is A very close match to Ferguson green metallic factory paint. I got the sheet metal done from A buddy's shop, media blast primed and enamel paint to factory color (gray) you need to add hardner to it 8 to 1 part. It is turning out good for A 64 year old tractor. How do you like the radiator cap ? Later Mark
IMG_0001 (1).JPG
IMG_0006 (1).JPG
IMG_0005 (1).JPG
IMG_0012 (1).JPG
IMG_0008 (1).JPG
IMG_0003 (1).JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Mark Merritt wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:33 pm How do you like the radiator cap ?
Mark! That's my favorite coolant! :D

Did Ferguson supply the engine as well as the tractor, or did it come from another supplier? One wonders where you can get parts for something like that... This is way cool!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; The engine was built by Continental Motor Company. They made many engines for vehicle,aircraft.marine applications. Divco milk trucks, Kaiser automobile, GrahamPage, Durant etc. A very good engine!!! Parts are no problem. I can get about anything I need. Very few tractors are "junked" they just keep getting rebuilt. The cylinders are sleeved, old one out new one in. I was going to get A newer Massey Ferguson but I have been attached to this one as it does everything I want and if I sold it I could see it sitting outside under some apple tree in someone's back 40 rusting away. It is A good candidate for A restore. Always kept inside and not all banged up. I am picking up A buzz rig that goes on the back for cutting wood for my fire pit. youtube it they are cool!!!! Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

A little more, ran the wire harness and started on the hood, static timed the distributor, bent and fitted the fuel line, dash back together. Mark
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

OMG, Mark, it's Be-yoot-tee-full (as we say in Philly)! Bring it to Carlisle so we can ogle it!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

I'm calling this one done. Looks good for A 64 year old tractor. Winter is loosing it's grip, nice out today 70 degrees. She fired right up. I still got to put A timing light on it and adjust the governor. This was A cake walk compared to the Plymouth. Later Mark
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Wow, Mark. Gorgeous! Are you gonna keep it? I love the red trim around the gray seat cover - a very nice touch!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; She is A keeper. I have had it 12 years now. Since I started doing this one I found that tractor restoration and collecting is huge. Some have 100 tractors and everyone has their favorites. I would like more but no room at the inn. Later Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!