The '59 Forum will go offline tonight

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

The '59 Forum will go offline tonight

Post by Faulkner »

There's a warning given to me by the administrative tools for the website whenever I take certain administrative actions. It does no harm - the actions I take are effective - but I think it needs to be addressed. In order to do so, I have to disable the board.

Hopefully it will not be for long, and we will be back up in no time. I expect I will be starting around 6p ET. Just a headzup! I'll let you know here when I'm done monkeying around.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Re: The '59 Forum will go offline tonight

Post by Faulkner »

Sorry for the interruption folks! We're back.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

..and, once more with flailing! I'm following instructions from the team that produced the bulletin board software (phpBB), and each step of the diagnosis requires some downtime. I'll be trying again tonight, about 6p ET. Sorry for the disruption.

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I don't know who besides maybe Will who noticed - but, I had taken the board down again. Still no luck fixing the administrative warning, but it's innocuous - I'm not going to worry about it any more. It will fix itself, the next time I upgrade to the latest version of the software (version 3.2.3, it hasn't come out yet).

Until then, no more (intentional) outages! Sorry for any inconvenience. Carry on.

Dan
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Now back to our regular scheduled programing :mrgreen: :lol: