Warning!!

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Ron Keij

Warning!!

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi all,

If you are buying parts on Ebay, beware of h-bomb30022!

Three months ago I bought some rear window trim from him and paid for it the same day. Never received anything and didn't get a serious reply on my e-mails. All he answered was that he didn't like overseas shipping and that he would look for a proof of shipment (never got that too) :evil:
I did ask him about shipping before I bid on the item and he had no problem with shipping to the Netherlands at that time.

He also sells parts on the FwdLk site under the name H-bomb.

Beware!

Ron Keij
big m

Post by big m »

Hi Ron, I just sold some parts to him for the '58 he's working on with no problems. I wonder if there was some screw up somewhere, or he didn't save the shipping receipt? Hope you can get this matter resolved, John
In rust we trust!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

If there was a screw up it was on his end of the transaction. My payment arrived within 24 hrs. after the auction ended. And when things go wrong the least he could do is try to answer my questions and not complain after he agreed to ship it to me. I had this once before and the seller refunded 100% because he lost his shipping receipt. Harris just didn't do anything except complaining and I lost my money on it. If he lost the shipping receipt he could have told me :evil:

Ron
big m

Post by big m »

I agree. I would refund monies on any transactions I have had. I used to sell on E-bay a lot, but have been too busy lately. My user name is Mercmen.inc, check my feedback, as I am reputable. I have refunded several folks their money for different reasons, and the buyers are almost always repeat customers! ---John
In rust we trust!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

try to resolve the problem thru Ebay..if it helps the situation, have him deliver the parts to me and I'll send them to you (if he will accept that idea) if all else fails, give him bad feedback
-roger-
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I can't solve it through Ebay anymore. You have to do that within 60 days but since he didn't know if it was mailed by air or surface I had to wait for surface mail to arrive. And surface mail takes at least two months. He says he shipped it, so he can't ship it to you. I never had a problem like this before, if I have doubts about a seller I don't buy or have it shipped to Dan (hats off to Dan!!!!). But since this seller is well known at the FwdLk forum I thought he would be good to deal with. My mistake :evil:

Thanks for your offer to have the parts mailed to you! :D :D

Ron
safetymiike

H-bomb

Post by safetymiike »

Being that I have sold some stuff on Ebay to foreign sellers and you can't get delivery confirmation from the states, it is very likely that it has been lost. It happens. It could also be stuck in customs depending upon how the paperwork was filled out. Check the way he rights up his listings. I pretty much say if it is lost, not my fault, but anything in the states, I do delivery confirmation,a nd if it goes overseas, I hold onto the receipt until the buyer says it got there.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I know it can take a while to get a package through customs. You are not completely right about confirmation when shipping out of the states, with some shipping options it is possible but not with larger parcels.
I paid $40 for shipping and that is a fair price for shipping the rear window trim, but he doesn't even know if it was mailed by air or surface and he can't come up with a receipt. I am not new to Ebay and have a feedback rating of 200+. Most of the transactions are good to very good but some of them really suck.

Ron
safetymike

hbomb

Post by safetymike »

For that cheap, I would guess surface. And if he sent it through the post office, they don't offer any kind of proof of delivery or tracking number outside of the US. Hate to say it, but that is the most common place to ship from too.
4dHT

Mail etc in your transaction

Post by 4dHT »

:)Ron: I would try and see if you can trace it from your end. I had an
incident where I had to send a check to New Zealand and the N.Z.
people quarantined (!!!) the check -- the vendor I was dealing through
was able to trace on his end. In the U.S. (this is what happened in my Post Office in CT.) you can fill out a form-- it took 3 months to get the form back-- my local office told me overseas mail was having all sorts of problems, right now because customs of the overseas countries involved are tacking on extra fees because of security issues. Vendor refused to pay extra fee, packages take 6 months to come back to the U.S.A. I was told the worst countries are South America and the former Soviet bloc. I am really surprised you are having problems, and I know it is not from your side. I have never had any problems with packages from the Netherlands or Germany. If I ship here in the USA I try and use
UPS because they do use tracking nos. It also seems that surface mail
is more unreliable than airmail. Good luck, Beth.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

For the amount he charged me he could mail it by air. Dan Morton shipped a pair of fin mouldings to me a couple of months ago that are longer than the rear window trim and it cost exactly $23! The ony problem then was that Dan got the package returned to his address because it was too long to ship to the Netherlands. After he convinced the people at the P.O. that the maximum lenght for shipping to the Netherlands was 79" it took only 5 days to arrive.

Dan Morton tried to contact Hbomb on my behalf and after the second email he got a reply. Here is a little quote from Hbomb's answer:

I should have refused the payment and stuck to my US ONLY SHIPPING POLICY. I don't know where the receipt is, I probably tossed it since there is no tracking number anyway on international USPS shipments. And I never would have thought some clown would come around calling MY HOME asking about a stupid $20 lost shipment.

And this is the friendly part of his answer! Need I say more?

Ron
big m

Post by big m »

All I can say after the portion of reply posted, is that this is not any way to do business!!!!!!!! ---John
In rust we trust!