My latest project

Vanish

My latest project

Post by Vanish »

Almost time to start my latest project she was hit hard in the right rear i tried to save the right quarter but it was damaged beyond my ability to fix it so i found a Nos quarter panel and trunk lid
DSCN0439.JPG
Just the way i found her
DSCN0414.JPG
only medium wear on the drivers seat bottom
DSCN0490.JPG
Rebuilt motor and transmission
59 Plymouth inside view rear fender.jpg
Got this from Randy Gardner Jr
thumbnail_DSCN5256.jpg
Got this from John fowlie
00N0N_9hZgHU2PGyg_1200x900.jpg
It looks a lot better in this pic ,, but it is a1/4 inch short of were it needs to be due to being crushed
DSCN0512.JPG
As you can see the trunk is bent every which way from Sunday also
00o0o_kuv2Wacjjip_1200x900.jpg
Will be adding my Signature soon as soon as i quit Procrastinating .... hey wait this is my Signature! .... Job Done !! :D
Mark Merritt

Re: My latest project

Post by Mark Merritt »

That interior looks like mine did and mine was originally iceberg white. A heads up if you remove the doors do not forget to PRICK PUNCH the hinges for later location reference when they get re-installed.I forgot to do it and 4 doors is twice the frustration!! You are not too far from me as I see. Good luck,hop on the site if you need to know something. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Vanish

Post by Vanish »

Thanks Mark for the tip and its nice to see people who are looking out for a fellow car guy. This is my fourth Forward Look car and i cant get enough all my friends (64 thru 74 & modern mopars guys ) have thought i lost my mind wen i went in this direction and that it was a fad i was going through even worst you cant make your money back when you get tired of them but eight years later i am more entrenched than ever.
I have always had a liking to the 59 so much as i didn't care if it was a four door or a coup god i love them shotgun fenders when you view them from behind the windshield ..... so thanks Mark for the reply and you got a great looking 59 i just read through every post you made on your journey in rebuilding your Fury ..... Nice work and have fun.
Will be adding my Signature soon as soon as i quit Procrastinating .... hey wait this is my Signature! .... Job Done !! :D
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

This is a nice project!!

You coming to Carlisle this year to join the 59 Carlisle gang? :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Vanish

Post by Vanish »

Yes i am coming to Carlisle But i know that my 59 will not be done in time i hope you will accept me even though i will be driving my White 60 Belvedere and hopefully if he is not swamped with work that my son in-law will bring his Red 60 Savoy also.
Remember it is Plymouth Power or nothing in my family. That's my Wife's Black 64 Belvedere thats she is selling to finance the 59 Fury that will be her car to drive :D

15350605_1401102433247515_2578943610239954206_n.jpg

100% Original paint & int survivor bought off a local guy a few years back parked in 79
Last edited by Vanish on Wed May 03, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanish

Post by Vanish »

My Son in-Law's Savoy bought as a parts car but was complete surprised when we got it just needed brake work and an exhaust lucky kid

13178770_10208601378823279_6247290440522609852_n.jpg
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Butch; You have some very nice looking cars. I love "survivors" hence my signature. I have A 1955 Buick survivor. You could show up in A dump truck and I doubt if anyone would mind. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Vanish

Post by Vanish »

Well this should blow your mind i have a 36 thousand mile 79 w300 dodge tow truck in original paint "Survivor" it also has been garage kept and hardly ever used the fellow who owned it would rather work in his shop and hated towing and would farm out the work.

So it sat for twenty years or more unused he only sold it to me because of a so called friend of his messed up the carburetor then tried to buy it off of him for around fifteen hundred bucks ... Nice friend i would say.

I got it running for him for free and thats how i got it .

I have too many cars and i can blame my wife for this addiction because she is also a car lover and never said no well maybe once or twice :mrgreen:

[Oops - the links to these images on Facebook have expired. -Dan]
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

No problem on leaving the 59 at home! I'll be doing the same actually.

It's just fun to hang out and hunt for parts!
Anything you need, make a list and post it here! We can all keep out eyes open
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Duenas

Post by Duenas »

55 surevivor wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 am Butch; You have some very nice looking cars. I love "survivors" hence my signature. I have A 1955 Buick survivor. You could show up in A dump truck and I doubt if anyone would mind. Mark
Cool project. i think it's gonna look great when it's all done up.
Last edited by Duenas on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CecilMiller

Post by CecilMiller »

Vanish wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 5:05 pm My Son in-Law's Savoy as a parts car but he found a way to compare supplements to phentermine here was surprised when we got it just needed brake work and an exhaust lucky kid

Actually very lucky kid! It look so cool after completing all work this must look fabulous. :)
Last edited by CecilMiller on Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KennethReynolds

Post by KennethReynolds »

Vanish wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 1:24 pm Almost time to start my latest project Agoc Travel she was hit hard in the right rear i tried to save the right quarter but it was damaged beyond my ability to fix it so i found a Nos quarter panel and trunk lid
Oh wow, this car is very nice. It is looking that it really hit very hard. You should give it to the service and by the way this car is awesome. If you will modify it will look fantastic.
MichaelHicks

Post by MichaelHicks »

Mark Merritt wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 7:04 am That interior looks like mine did and mine was originally iceberg white. A heads up if you remove the doors do not forget to PRICK PUNCH the hinges for later location reference when they get re-installed.I forgot to do it and 4 doors is twice the frustration!! You are not too far from me as I see. Good luck,hop on the site if you need to know something. Mark
My interior is also iceberg white and I love this color a lot.
Vanish

Post by Vanish »

Well its been a while from my last post and my other projects have stepped in front of my 59 but i have made some progress on her
Vanish

Post by Vanish »

the Project's keep rolling in i sold this 61 15 years ago and it was the car my oldest daughter's first car and learned how to drive no power anything well she found it and bought it so more work for Son in-law

[Oops... Another expired Facebook link. -Dan]