Correct interior

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Guyman

Correct interior

Post by Guyman »

My upholstery is at my upholsterer and I have ordered my fabric from SMS.,...and unfortunately my interior was not original color., so need some nice reference photos of the seats and door panels to show my upholstery guy...(I have the patterns)...but who ever did the work last time, did it all in one color...the originals were recovered over on top of the originals...but they butchered up what was underneath. I am seeing different versions of door panels and seats on the internet., wanna do it correctly. So looking for pictures of front and back of the front seats, the back seat, the door panels, and the back arm rest/panel.

I have the green interior...

And the metal frame looks to be silver originally?

Thanks for any pictures/info., Guy
Dick Koch

Re: Correct interior

Post by Dick Koch »

Guy - Click on SHOWCASE, click on Sport Fury, go to page 2, click on Dick Koch's cars, click on "Recent Acquisition" and you will see the GREEN seat patterns. Yes the swivel frame is Silver.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

I can't find showcase....to find sport fury...maybe cut and paste a direct link to he page?..the http code.

Thanks, guy
WDJ40

Post by WDJ40 »

The SHOWCASE link is on the 59sportfury.net web page. As Dick said,select Sport Fury, go to page 2, click on Dick Koch's car.
Here is the link so you can bookmark it.

http://www.59sportfury.net/
'Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway'
Looking for adventure' In whatever comes our way'

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Sorry guys...going to that site...and not seeing Any links...viewing from my iPad..maybe that's the prob....so wanted a direct link to click on...thanks, guy...I tried and tried...I don't see any links from that homepage...just a logo, some rotating car pictures and that's it...no hot links.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Guy - You must be holding your mouth wrong! I click on the web page above and get all the links. Try http://www.59Plymouth.net and see what happens.
Dick.
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

No links man....all I get is the logo and car pictures....I build web sites for a living....and I am telling ya....NO links???that is why I wanted the exact HTML link.

G
WDJ40

Post by WDJ40 »

OK.... this is beyond my pay grade. This is my last try to help. Try this:

http://www.59plymouth.net/showcase/koch/page2.html
'Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway'
Looking for adventure' In whatever comes our way'

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

"PERFECT"...thanks....for some reason there are NO links when I view the index page on that site.

Thanks for all the help...GUY
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hey WD, you the man.
Dick
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Having some seat buckles machined and making my own since I can't find any....will post a few Picts when they are done.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Let us know how they turn out as they are rare as Hairs on Dick Koch's head... We may all put in an order for them. You are doing the smaller door panel ones too besides the seat back ones?

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Yep...doing both of them....I am putting two "studs" on the back of each buckle and small buckle with those small press on clips that don't ever come off...the little swival clips that are on the originals move too much....so these will "press on" in two positions so they don't rotate/move...got the drawings done., so on to the machining process to see if the idea will work...They might not be "dead on" but will look really close...we will see how they come out...attached are the drawings with clip position, making the first set out of aluminum so I can polish them up., then clear coat...can make out of metal and chrome too!....putting that brush finish on the face of the buckles may be a little challanging in metal...aluminum...easy!

Guy
buckles.png
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Outstanding, Let me (us) know how they turn out and how much for a set, maybe we can get the cost down for you and us, if there is more then one set made.

Stroking (brushing) of the Aluminum can be don on a small belt sander with a mild grit...Just a thought.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Hi john....well, gonna make a set for my seats to see exactly how to get the process down, gonna have to be finishing by hand for the bevels, and the brush look is not hard to achieve....will post some preliminary pictures when I get the first batch of eight done for my seats and that little end buckle for the door panels.

Getting my seat fabric from SMS in a few days, so the buckles should be done soon.

guy