Brake lights and tail lights

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Guyman

Brake lights and tail lights

Post by Guyman »

Again., first time SF owner, so lots of questions...only a few left....

Working on the tail lights and brake lights...I have all of the rear lights working...new bulbs etc. so they all light up. The inner "running lights" that are closest to the liscense plate are brighter then the outter brake lights when the light switch is on...they seem really almost too bright but not sure how bright they are suppose to be to begin with...should they be the same brightness as the outters when the headlight switch is on?....then, when you apply the brake., the outters are just as bright as the inner ones...just wanna make sure that is correct.

I jumped the brake light switch to get the brake lights to work in the back to test them...If I do it that way, the brake lights work and get nice and bright...when I hook the two wires up to the brake light switch and apply the brakes, they don't light up. So I am assuming my brake light switch is no good? I am assuming that switch works off of brake fluid pressure.

Thanks for the help....only have a few more of these electrical gremlins to fix and everything will be working.

Guy