6 Pack Road Runner

Your banter here!
Steve Storey

6 Pack Road Runner

Post by Steve Storey »

Went to look at a real 6 packer today. Gonna be hard to turn this one down!!! Help. :D
Bernie B.

Re: 6 Pack Road Runner

Post by Bernie B. »

Winter is the best time to try out a 6-pack Runner! - What year? Stick or Auto?? Good luck resisting...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Steve Storey wrote:Went to look at a real 6 packer today. Gonna be hard to turn this one down!!! Help. :D
Steve,Now you are getting into my sweet spot of Mopar-Hood! Is it a 1969 A12 6 pack (M code in the VIN, RM23M9) or a 70 RR which would be a V code (RM23V0)in the VIN?. They did make 3 6 pack cars in 1972 but those are vary rare...

Tell me the Fender data codes and I can decode them. Pictures would help. Auto or 4 speed, Most 6 pack cars came with Dana 60 rear ends (3.54 or 4:10 ratio's) Does it still have this rear end in it?

Opps justs saw that Bernie had asked the same about the tranny type. Mopar Ricky is real good if not better on these cars as he has owned a few RR over the years.

Call me an we can talk if you are serious. I will PM you my cell.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

My comment is but a shadow compared to the real-time Storey temptation.
Back when I was a high-school senior (1973-4) in downstate NY, a classmate of mine went out to Long Island, NY and came home with a black on black 1970 440-6 pack 4-speed Shaker-hood Cuda.
At the time, I was more interested in little foreign sports cars and mid-50's Roundmobiles. I was SO off-the-track that I couldn't see what was so great about his car. He and I weren't friends, and I hardly ever saw him driving it. I heard he slid it into a curb, bending a rim or something minor. I have no idea how long he owned it or what happened to it. What I am wondering is- how many of these were built? He did find a few slips of paper indicating the former owner had taken it to the drags.
Last edited by rogerh on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Great to have you MOPAR experts on hand. Beginning to doubt its a real blue booded six pack although still very seductive. The vin is RM23H9A182705. Its purported to be a 69. Has a automatic with the dana 4:10 and is pretty solid. Thanks for the expertise!!
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

The owner says the fender plate has gone missing and didn't sound too surprised when I said the "H" code didn't stack up??
Bernie B.

Post by Bernie B. »

Sorry to hear you found an "H" in the VIN, like John said it has to be "M" for an original '69. There are many web sites with true believers in these cars, AKA "A12" cars who can help with all the details. If you want a real one, gotta double check. Fender tags don't just fall off. FYI mine was a '70 with 4 speed and 3.54 Dana. October built with aluminum manifold, too. Remember seeing it new on the dealership floor just about 43 (OMG) years ago. Bought it as the second owner 38 months later. Soon learned I could shift a TorqueFlite a lot better than that pistol grip device. Parted with it in 1976... still have some pieces and memories.

Still looking? or a passing fancy...

Good luck in any event.

BB
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Thanks All - May still consider it - obiously a great car that can be had reasonably now that i understand why its reasonable.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

RM23HA******** is a true Road Runner 2 door coupe with the standard 383 HP 4 Bbl carb on it. The A code is the Lynch Road assembly (Old Plymouth Main Plant, Detroit, MI).

Still a nice car but just pay for the H engine in a true RR and not that it was going to be a six pack car and you will do fine. They were and still are a fun car to tool around in.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/