Good restoration sources

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Good restoration sources

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Padded dash was an option back in the day. It was standard on Sport Fury's but the rest of us lesser trim levels had to get it as of Optional package order code #491 Padded Dash, they offered for $6.45 back in the day. A bargain compared to the nearly $600 you have to pay today for a reproduction one from Just Dash's in Van Nuys, CA.

Do you have some unfilled hole on the passenger side upper dash? You might have had it at one time but the original ones deteriorated quickly as they were not UV stable. (they did not even know of that term back then) Most pads cracked and turned to dust and were just removed and the dash painted over to make it look good.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Padded dashes were optional in all models but Sport Fury.
Old car restorations ALWAYS cost way more than you hoped or expected!
The interior looks pretty nice for un-restored!
You are wise to freshen the front end suspension/steering. Typically folks do the drivetrain, then have no money to fix the front end. Denver John ( Mr Quinn, not John Denver) just went totally thru his car, so listen to him for where to get balljoints, which type to get, and all that stuff.
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your plym. I just sold a 57 special 2 door sedan to a fellow in switzerland. Was a really nice driver.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

The 1959 Plymouths did not have a central fuseblock. Some circuits,such as radio, had their own on-line fuses. there were circuit breakers on the power seats and windows, if I remember correctly.
big m

Post by big m »

Welcome!

That's a very nice pair of fifties cars that you have!
---John
In rust we trust!
rankinrr

Post by rankinrr »

Nice car. Where in Detroit area was this car? I live south of the D. I have seen only one 59 Savoy since owning my Belvedere for about a year and a half. There was a 59 Savoy listed for sale to south of me, but never saw it. They are rare cars for sure. I had mine out last night for a cruise. Fun fun fun. Enjoy!!!! I know I do!!! However, get used to everyone calling your car Christine. That is all I hear and mine is a beige Belvedere. I guess I have been called worse LOL.
Rob
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Rob; I think the name of the town was called Canton,near AnnArbor Mich. The fellow I got it from only had it since june,then before that it was 2hrs.west of him still in Michiganprior to 2010 it was in Idaho I think for 11yrs,from 1999 till new was always in Las vegas Nv.We do not have anything with "fins" other than 57,59,60,Chevys,I'am going to do my part to solve that problem. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!