1959 Plymouth Suburban For Sale

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Kungfupanda

Re: 1959 Plymouth Suburban For Sale

Post by Kungfupanda »

:lol: Bamboo flooring might work if I was going for the tiki look. Well, as you may have noticed, I relisted it due to a non paying bidder. :evil: I listed for only three days. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it until I can wok on it in the fall. I did just have two Forward Look restorers check it out. They were very impressed with the original condition of the car & the running of the engine, which sounds MUCH better than the cheap videos, that apparently pick up the higher pitched sounds. They have a lot of projects now, which is the main factor in deciding to buy or not. We'll see, my feelings won't be hurt if it doesn't sell, as it isn't easy to find these anymore.
Kungfupanda

Post by Kungfupanda »

Well, it sold locally for more than the non paying bidder offered. They knew a tremendous amount about '59s and were impressed. Kinda sad to see it go, but better to someone who will restore it now, rather than me keep it for a year or two untouched. Btw, do you mind if I post my '56 Dodge to show? A decent car to have until I find a 59 Sport Fury. :ugeek:
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

I love 56 Dodges, Give a look.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
big m

Post by big m »

Dick Koch wrote:I love 56 Dodges, Give a look.
Dick.
I'll second that!!

---John
In rust we trust!
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

What? A 56 Dodge ... I used to ride to school in a Custom Royal lancer 4drht, 325 poly head coupled to a Power-Flite. The old Dodge is still there but delinquent, just like us.
Kungfupanda

Post by Kungfupanda »

Here are a couple of pics that came out ok, lots of sun that day. It will eventually need repainting, as the original paint is dull & thin, but there is no rust & it drives perfect! Btw, any ideas on the best product to polish dull paint without using a buffer?
P1060607.JPG
P1060605.JPG
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

There's some irony here. The creator of this List, Dan Morton, started out with a '55 or '56 Plymouth Savoy, then sold it and bought his '59 Sport Fury. :)
I definitely like the looks of your Dodge!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Beautiful car, all it needs instead of a buffer is a 55 gal. drum of elbow grease. or if there is enought paint a local paint shop can wet sand and buff it for you. In any event it's a real nice ride.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Nice looking ride. I have used a Mother's Clay Bar Kit with some success on thinning paint.

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Kungfupanda

Post by Kungfupanda »

Yeah, this one's a keeper. :D Thanks for the input guys. Gonna use that elbow grease this weekend.