weatherstripping

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Faulkner

weatherstripping

Post by Faulkner »

Folks -- it's time for Faulkner to get a new set of weatherstripping for the windows. The strip between the windows is in decent shape, also around the vents; but the strip at the roof line is shot, also around the door. I need to replace the pieces between the glass and the door as well (cats whiskers?). Oh yeah! Trunk too.

Who's out there that sells this stuff? Any recommendations from who to deal with? I'm wondering if I can get the car to Carlisle this summer, but not without "an umbrella"...

adTHANKSvance
Dan
SF HT
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Hi Dan

So, my first post. Great site!

But now ontopic.
The weatherstrips in the roof rail and trunk are there. I don't know who sells them. My dad (Ron Keij) bought them a year ago? I believe they we're $25 a piece. If i'm right they we're on e-bay. My dad probably knows more about them. I will send him on this forum! Hope you can find them for you're beautifull car!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Fins59

Weatherstripping

Post by Fins59 »

Hey Dan - Neat site. Great idea. Ref the weatherstripping; I found Restoration Specialties and Supply, Inc. or www.restorationspecialties.com to be a good place. I discovered them at the Iola Car Show. I see in their catalog they are also at Carlisle and Hershey and a few other big shows around the country. They have a fairly large display of items on hand. Last year I purchased trunk weatherstripping, windlace, some fasteners, cowlboard, and fenderwelt. I used the fenderwelt (with good results) to replace the dried-out gasket (from hot Texas sun) around the deck lid "toilet seat" on the Sport Fury. Since then I think (not positive) I've seen the correct stuff in Gary Goer's (another good supplier) catalog. John Zastrow
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Thanks for the tip, John. I've sent an inquiry about price and availability. I've dealt in the past with Gary Goers -- his quality is outstanding -- I just don't know if I can wait for the material.

Have you purchased from Restoration Specialties, and if so, were you pleased? I'm tempted to check with P&M Fasteners and Supply (they're pretty inexpensive) that Ron Keij mentioned, but he hasn't had a chance to check the fit yet... I'm keeping all my options open! Thanks to all for the advice...

Dan
Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

Dan - Yes I did purchase items from Restoration Spec. (see my previous post) I purchased items at the Iola Show. The cowlboard I purchased was about 3'x5' in size - the folks at RS let me come back after swap meet hours to pick them up so I wouldn't have to carry those big items among thousands of people. I thought that was nice of them. They also have a nice 176 page catalog.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I called Restoration Supply; he had the cat whiskers and the trunk weatherstrip, but nothing else. He recommended I try Andy Bernbaum (actually, Amanda had recommended this too). He has everything, but he asked a question about the roofrail weatherstrip -- says it came in two styles for this year: He wanted to know if the rear section was "of a different texture" -- he said "softer" too. Pretty imprecise, huh?! I admit to not knowing what he's talking about. Does anyone know? I guess I could wait until I get home and inspect the car...

adTHANKSvance,
Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I took a look at my roof rail weatherstrip last night; couldn't figure out what the guy at Bernbaum's was talking about. I called back, and this time I got Andy. He said there's only one roofrail weatherstrip, the guy was confused! Andy has all the weatherstripping in stock, it should ship Monday. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives...

Dan
Faulkner

Bernbaum order arrived

Post by Faulkner »

Wow! Looks like quality stuff. Guess I have my work cut out for me... I'll let you know about the quality of the fit.

Eventually, that is :wink:

Dan