Stefan Steinmaier - Fafe, Portugal

Faulkner

Stefan Steinmaier - Fafe, Portugal

Post by Faulkner »

1.JPG

Back in 2004, Stefan wrote this: "These are pictures I took the pictures during my autumn adventure in the first week of November of 2003. For three wonderful days I made a trip from Germany to South-France, Spain and Portugal. At the moment the Plymouth is covered in a garage because we usually have a lot rain here during the winter. But soon the spring will be here and I'll take the Fury out again and send you some more pictures."

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

"Regarding the history of the Fury, please give me some time to write something about it. I have the car more than 17 years now and there are so many things that happened over the years that are worthy to mention." Hmm... Does this constitute the longest period of Sport Fury ownership? If I take my socks off, I place Stefan's purchase of this stunning Fury sometime in 1987.

1b.jpg
Odometer showed 000000 after restoration. Cluster with new, green lights – what a pleasure especially at night!
2b.jpg
The Steering Wheel is perfect – no cracks, nothing missing – what luck!!!
3b.jpg
[note buttons:] Little customizing on the dashboard makes it look more luxurious but not overloaded
4b.jpg
The record player under the dash is in good condition and works great. On/off as well as volume is regulated by the radio. Still have some 45's from the sixties.
5.jpg
Once there was an “Owners Plate” here. The previous owner removed it and now two holes are left.
6.jpg
[Fuzzy Dice:] Good Luck is something you get for free – take it and appreciate it!
7.jpg
[Swivel Seats:] Still original, shows only little use for all that time!
8.jpg
[Last Route – Chicago ’74 Vehicle Tax:] This is the one and only indication of where the Fury was before it came to a Dealer in Florida and then on to Germany. Yet I’m not sure about it. The tax patch says “More than 35 H.P. but less than 55 H.P.” What does it mean?
9.jpg
YES, there might be a little too much chrome on the engine. Due to the fact that the original air cleaner is a real performance killer I had to remove it. A Carter 4bbl – 650cfm is definitely the better solution for a 318. Smooth as silk (as Dick said)!
10.jpg
This was the first and most costly attempt to get more performance. The headers were made piece by piece to fit perfectly into the engine compartment. Well, I have to confess it didn’t help as I expected, but it looks good and the money doesn’t burn a hole in my pocket anymore.
11.jpg
These Wings look aggressive when you see them in the rear view mirror! Besides, in Germany the turn light signals must be yellow and the position lights have to be disconnected. Why? – Don’t ask.
12.jpg
[Taillight bezels:] Back in the early 90's I tried to restore the taillight assembly. Once I removed the old chrome the metal under it turned into a grey dust and I held more holes in my hands than metal. A very skilled man built a pair of new taillights for my Sport Fury. There is no pit, no spot and never will be!
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"